Can YOU become the most expensive player - Part 2 - Reports (Ai Experiment Part)

When Nicolas Anelka (Le Sulk) Moved to Chelsea he became the Worlds Most Expensive player, with clubs spending a total of £86.5 Million on him during his career.

He took over from Juan Sebastian Veron who accumulated fees or around £77 Million.

Now the Mantle has passed to YOU.

You have the oppurtunity to create your own player, and see if you can become the Most Expensive Player in the World.

This experiment will be run with the Italian Leagues, English Leagues, and Spanish Leagues selected, and i will be observing each players progress throughout each Game and each season.

15 Players signed up having chosen their option from the following

Your player can start at 16 or 17 years old, if you choose this he will have a CA of 90 and a PA of -10 - Reputation of 60

Your Player can start at 18 or 19 Years old, if you choose this he will have a CA of 95 and a PA of -9 - Reputation of 70

Your Player can start at 20 or 21 Years old, if you choose this he will have a CA of 105 and a PA of -8 - Reputation of 90

Here is the current list of players, and how they stand at the start of the game. (Feel free to comment)

1. Glenn Crane

2. Charles Beams

3. Daniel Krzyzanowski

4. Julio Championo

5. Gary Baker

6. Lawrence Lazewski Jr.

7. Dmitri Varmenov

8. Jaz Kenobi

9. Josh Pearce

10. Ryan Gault

11. Tomaldinho

12. Juan-Boris de Sanchez el Eagles

13. Brucie Bonus

14. Michael Lowes

15. Harry Barker

Player information can be found in the following thread - The Signup Thread

AND INTRODUCING

16.THE SULK

"THE SULK?" You ask, well he is a player created by me. He has all the charateristics of an ambitious disloyal swine of a player who is in it for one person only, HIMSELF. His ultimate goal is to beat the rest of the new players and become the new Anelka, the Most Expensive Player in the World.

Now the questions are, who will be the biggest star? Will anyone make it to the big time? Will anyone not even get their first professional contract? And how soon before The Sulk starts creating mischeif?

PS: Please note the first post is just explaining why i am doing this experiment and what questions i am looking to answer.

Hope you enjoy and if you have any suggestions or comments feel free to post them.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the reasons for this challenge started off when Keane moved to Liverpool and i saw on Sky Sports about the Most Expensive Players in the world. The likes of Anelka and Veron, and then the Journeymen such as Vieri.

But then when i thought about it some more i realised it would make a good challenge/experiment to see how the AI reacted to alot of new players, most of which didn't have much loyalty but had alot of ambition and were striving towards the big time.

As well as this i wanted to see how the AI reacted to having 15 new players with a huge amount of potential but relatively low Reputation, would they be lost in the lower leagues and never reach their potential, or would they be found and go on to be World Beaters?

Also i wondered how qucik the rise would be (If at all) would it be one season in the lower leagues before the big clubs came calling or would they have to prove themselves throughout a few seasons.?

When they moved to a big club would they get shelled out on loan somewhere? or be blooded into the first team?

Then i also wanted to throw in my own personal Experiment, THE SULK, obviously based on someone we all know and either Love or Hate.

I wanted to know how someone with a a quite decent CA an amazing PA and a decent Reputation would do, added to the fact that his loyalty, sportsmanship profesionalism and temperament were all set at 1.

Would he become a World Class Player, or would his Personality stop him from staying at the big clubs? Would his personality also stop him from reachin his potential?

As you can see there is alot im looking for here, and i will try and make it more clear in a minute with a nice bullet pointed list.

• How will the Ai React to a new bunch of players with High Potential, and lots of them with high ambition but low loyalty?

• Would the younger players with better potential but worse Current Ability and Reputation be noticed quick enough for them not to be wasted? Or would the older players rise to the top leagues quickly but never get to the biggest clubs?

• Would the players low reputation keep them in the lower leagues for long, would this stunt their amazingly high potential? Or would they still go on to be World Beaters?

• How Quick would their rise to fame be? One season? Or would it take them longer to prove themselves?

• Would the big clubs come in and put them into the first team straight away? Or would they be shelled out on loan until they came close to full potential?

• What would happen to The Sulk? Would his low personal attributes keep him away from the big clubs, or would he become a Huge star?

On a more personal note i am quite please with Glenn Cranes stats, he isn't looking too bad, his physical stats look pretty good, but need some improvement. I am very dissapointed in his passing rating and hope that and his tackling rating improve quickly, or else i fear he will never make it to the big clubs.

My predictions: Championship Player with a very slight (Emphasis on the VERY) chance of becoming a low level Premiership player (Fulham, Sunderland etc)

My Predictions: My player, Daniel, will have a long and successful, if not anonymous, career in the Championship league. Favorited by teammates for hard work and team effort, his life's work will pay off with respect, but not financial rewards.

The Sulk will excel at the game, growing famous and rich by bouncing from team to team, collecting a pay raise every time his stay with one club sours and he finds work with another.

Week 1

13/07/2007

The first man to get a contract is the only Italian in the bunch of newbies.

Brucie Bonus has signed for Italian C1/A side Cremonese on what is believed to be a Youth Contract which will see him earn £55 a week.

Cremonese are predicted to come 6th in the league which would see them finish up just below the Play Off Spots.

Will he be the catalyst to get Cremonese promoted? Will he attract bigger Clubs in Italy? Will he stay in the Italian U19 Squad?

*UPDATE* - Brucie played in his first match for the club, however it was a dissapointing day for player and club, they lost 2-1 to Swiss Club Wohlen. Brucie didnt get into the game, only succeding in passing half of his passes to his own players, but having a good 2 out of 3 shots on target. The papers only rated him 6 out of 10, not the best starts, but at least it was a start and 90 minutes under the belt for Brucie.

14/07/2007

The first Englishman to get a contract is Josh Pearce, thought to be one of the best young players available on a free transfer, Josh has been attracting attention from a number of clubs, and a contract war between Blackpool, Oldham and Rotherham, saw Josh choose that his future lays in Blackpool. (Maybe it’s the pleasure beach?)

His new contract will see him take home £1,100 a week and is valid until June 2009.

He is also valued at £850,000 by Blackpool, who must think the youngster has a bright future ahead.

This makes him the highest valued player at the club! The only worry he will have for now is that he has been put into training with the reserve squad.

Is he in the reserves until he becomes match fit? Will he have to prove himself in the reserves before he gets first team? Will Blackpool have the ability to keep hold of him?

PS: For now i will do weekly updates (In game time) and as the game progresses and the season starts it will probably be fornightly or monthly updates (Game Time)

Do you like the way i am doing the updates? Any suggestions? Hope you enjoy and next week should be up by early hours of the morning!

i agree, the updates are good.

also

My Predictions: my player looks ok, nothing great though, i can see him signing for a non-league team, and probably staying there for along time unless he gets to work on some of the lower stats.

Well Charles i can glady say you will be producing some new predictions fairly soon.

Also the updates won't always be this detailed or this regular as when all the players are signed it will turn into monthly (Game time) updates probably. This next week(Game Time) may take ALOT longer to put up, and may be ALOT longer, as already there is around 5 transfers and we are only 3 days in.

Week 2

15/07/2007

In the late hours of previous night and into the morning two more Players signed contracts at club, another youth contract was signed but this time by a polish player,

Lawewski Jr. has signed a £55 per week deal with League 2 side Bury. He has already been promised a contract of £950 per week once he hits 17 on the 28th April 2008.

He is the highest valued player at the club worth a reported £230,000, however he may face a season of struggle as Bury are predicted to be fighting against relegation.

Will Lawewski manager to save Bury from Promotion? Will he stay much past his 17th birthday? Will he become a first choice player?

Glenn Crane was the other player to sign a contract, with another League 2 side in Rotherham. He becomes the highest paid youngster so far with a salary of £2,000 per week.

However his loyalty has already been question with Blackpool Interested as well as a few other higher reputation clubs, Crane has already stated that he is hoping to impress any visiting scouts!

Will Crane stay loyal? Or will he be off before the season starts? Will his disloyalty already cost him a place in the team? Or will he play his heart out hoping to attract the higher quality clubs?

16/07/2007

News had just reached us that Two more players have been signed to contracts.

The highly rated Goalkeeper Ryan Gault has been signed to a 1 year contract at another League 2 side Bristol Rovers, earning a reported £675 per week, he faces a hard season if he is to be first choice with the team expecting a battle to survive in league football.

The question is will he get to first choice keeper with the much more experienced Steve Philips currently holding the number 1 shirt. He is also feeling pressured by the interest in him and a lot of League 2 clubs are still sniffing around, will this pressure get to him? Will his year contract be the last contract he signs at the Rovers?

Also the player dubbed as The Sulk, Nicolas Another, has been signed to Championship side Charlton, with the aim that they will get back to top flight football Nicolas will certainly be happy…or will he? Being a versatile player in a squad with not many midfielder will he be a first choice? Or will his young age keep him out of the first team?

18/07/2007

Charles Beams a local(ish) lad from Middlesbrough has signed for League 2 side Darlington, in a move which see the young lad take home £1,600 a week. He becomes the second highest paid player in a squad tipped for mid table obscurity, and in a press conference Darlo Boss Dave Penny stated that Charles will be a Key Player for the coming season. Can Charles Beam Darlington up the league (Sorry L) Will he fulfil his 2 year agreement with the club? Will he really be a Key Player?

Other News

One of the previously unwanted players has now become wanted. leaving only one unwanted player.

Matches

Glenn Crane played his first two friendlies for Rotherham, Excelling on the AMR position that he has been giving, having being rated 8/10 twice and getting on the score shot twice in one match, providing an assist as well shows that there is a lot to this young lads game. This is surely to impress his Manager and set him up for regular appearances in the first team.

Lazewski Jr. on the other hand is not impressing at his new club, ratings of 5 and 6 have not shown his true quality on the pitch, producing 22 out of 38 passes shows he is quite accurate, and his tackling has been 100% but these have been but mere flashes of his true potential. He is only young, but if he wants to continue in the first team he will have to pull his finger out.

Another player not impressing is Ryan Gault having his chance in the first team he achieved a rating of 6/10 and his manager reacted by taking him off after 88 minutes and pulling on Phillips the much more experienced keeper, who went to show his experience and achieve a rating of 8/10. Ryan will need to improve if he looks to get that number 1 spot. Will he ever get a chance like that again?

Charles Beams played his first match for the club and impressed everyone, clearly the best player on his team with a rating of 7 he scored a consolation goal on the 70 minute mark after already being 2-0 down to Northampton, he was then taken off 5 minutes later apparently to give him a rest. Will Beams continue to be the best Darlo player? Will he be happy not getting the full 90 minutes?

Meanwhile the man we all love to hate The Sulk played his first 90 minutes for Charlton and afterwards stated he hoped to learn a lot from the club (Maybe he has learnt some loyalty?) playing well on the day, he scored a rating of 7 and looked comfortable on the ball.

Will his loyalty remain intact? Will he continue to be first team material at this young age?

In the next update:

Watch out for a huge bidding war, when three championship clubs try to sign one of our young unsigned players.

MK Dons sign an Indespensable youngster!

Question: I have been offered the stafford job. Should i take it now? Wait a week til more players are signed? Or ignore it?

Just as this would make the updates easier (being able to scout, having news items everytime one of our players gets signed, plays well etc) but at the same time take longer to actually play through the game. Having to holiday past every game etc.

The only other option is i create a new user and take over a national team (That none of our players could be signed for) and then scout, shortlist etc that way. - NEVERMIND just saved and tried this option and cant scout players that are not my nations nationality. :S

What to do?

Well ill sleep on it, thats it for tonight, but the next update should be up sometime tomorrow, 5pm is my personal deadline to have finished the initial period - getting all the players signed.

Which should take us up to the first matches of the season.

Predictions:

1. All players who are aged 16,17, 18 or 19 will play for their countries definitely.

2. Players who are aged 20/21 with -8 PA should still play for their countries, but obviously if their nationality is that of a big footballing nation then that will severely limit their chances.

3. Brucie Bonus (can't predict his first club anymore), will move to a Serie A club within 2 seasons, probably at the end of the 1st season and will then get farmed out on loan. After a couple of years more he will be in the reserves / odd 1st team action.

4. By the time he turns 21 he will have moved club again.

5. By the time he has turned 25 he will have had a £15m+ transfer and will be on £75k+ per wk wage.

6. He will have a total of 5 clubs before he retires, possibly a 6th if he plays until 34 or more.

7. He will earn about 50 caps for Italy during his career.

8. The initial reputation levels you have set will not effect players at all, it might mean they sign for a slightly higher rated club in the 2nd tier of football, but by the time of their next club the differences with younger players will have been cancelled out reputation wise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to see Brucie Bonus already has a club. :)

Liking the level of detail in the updates so far.

Keep it up and you will have a good AI experiment on your hands. :thup:

ps: When the seasons start flowing you might want to lengthen the gap in updates to say 3 or 4 a season.

your choice on the manager side of things.

however, i am very happy with Darlington :D and glad the manager thinks ill be a key player, it would be good to have higher league teams interested, but staying at darlington for now is good enough for me, and £1,600p/w wouldnt have expected that.

good to get a goal too, although i guess if i'd stayed on for the rest of the match, i could have scored another or even got an assist, but its the managers decision.

KUTGW!!

Well ill sleep on it, thats it for tonight, but the next update should be up sometime tomorrow, 5pm is my personal deadline to have finished the initial period - getting all the players signed.

Which should take us up to the first matches of the season.

What you should do is every year take charge of a team predicted to finish bottom of the league in the bottom division of a country you are running (ideally BSN/S), then go on holiday. That way you can breeze through the months and also have a shortlist running to make it easier to view players. :thup:

What you should do is every year take charge of a team predicted to finish bottom of the league in the bottom division of a country you are running (ideally BSN/S)' date=' then go on holiday. That way you can breeze through the months and also have a shortlist running to make it easier to view players. :thup:[/quote']

Great idea Walcott, and that is probably what i will do.

I don't know where stafford are predicted will have a look and then decide what to do, think i will wait til most people are signed though just in case a Blue Square south/north team bid for someone.

Also once the seasons go through i will probably gradually make the updates longer but less regular, as maybe 6 a season and getting as low as 4 a season.

But for the first season i am aiming at one update a month (Game time)

PS: Also agree with your predictions pretty much except don't think the 20/21 players will get international football and think that only around half of the english players will get international football.

I think Brucie will defently play for Italy and lets just say he has had a Bigger club interested in him already so watch this space.

Lol is that because Harry Barker is still unsigned :p

Lol sorry but if i don't sleep the update will be terrible. Plus it was my first day back at football training after my op so am shattered.

Jaz Kenobi should now work, and apart from his finishing he looks a good player.

Im hoping the New update will be up for 12ish.

Also yes at least twice a season i will be showing screenshots of your players. For the first season it may be more like 4 times, but we will see.

Week 3

24/07/2007

MK Dons make the signing of Daniel Krzyzanowski who they state will be a key player in their plans to get a playoff spot in Coca Cola League 2. He becomes the 4th highest paid player in the squad as he signs his 2 year contract worth £1,700 a week.

Will this be the club to help Daniel reach his Potential? Will he stick with the club as they push for promotion?

In a strange twist to the biggest transfer saga yet Boris de Sanchez el Eagles opts for Northampton instead of any of the 3 championships that were interested in him, most notably Preston. Signing a youth contract at Sixfields Stadium sees him take home £55 per week, which will rise to £725 once he turns 17.

The question is how long will it take for Eagles to reach his potential? Will the championship clubs come back in for the youngster? Or will he attract bigger attention?

29/07/2007

After a relatively quiet period for transfers we can now bring you a whole bunch of news.

Tomaldinho has signed his first contract joining many of the youngsters in League 2, with a side that may struggle this season in Chester. His youth contract sees him take home £55 a week with a promise that when he turns 17 it will rise to £1,200.

But with Cardiff City of the championship interested will Chester be able to keep him around? Will he be a first team player? Will he ever reveal his full name?

Leyton Orient of League 1 bring in foreign talent to try to keep them above their media prediction of relegation. The man they have pinned their hopes on is an eighteen year old who has recently been called up to his full national side.

Jaz Kenobi has signed a 2 year deal worth £1,300 per week, and is described by his new manager as a “First Team Player”.

Will Jaz make his first cap this year? Will he become a First Team Player? Can his FORCE (:p) be able to keep the O’s up?

Gary Baker signs a part time contract with Burton Albion who are predicted to finish just below the playoff places in The Blue Square Premier. His £220 a week contract is set to expire in 1 year, when no doubt he will hope to impress a bigger team.

Will gary ever make it to league football? Will he every get a full time contract?

Matches

Glenn Crane plays another match and seems to be consistent enough getting another 8 and an assist along with his first MOM award in Rotherhams 1-0 win against non league side Matlock. Will he be able to keep up this form against tougher opposition?

Crane faces tougher opposition and the test is set, Rotherham play Blackburn reserves and despite losing 2-1 Crane plays well and earns a 7/10 playing 87 minutes before being taken off. Will his consistency last? Has he got the stamina?

The Sulk continues his fledgling career with a Goal for Charlton in their 1-0 friendly against non league side Dulwich Hamlet. Striking a penalty past the keeper and achieving another rating of 7. Rotherham are now the only club interested in The Sulk, and with less clubs being interested will he be able to concentrate?

The sulk played once again, thought this time slipped to his lowest rating yet of 6/10, playing 75 minutes his consolation will be that his side won 3-0 and his replacement played worse than him, getting a 5.

Will the sulk continue to be first team? Will his performances improve again?

Charles Beams plays his second match for Darlo but is ultimately disappointing getting an rating of 5/10 and not impressing his new manager. The most impressive feature still being his 100% tackling rate, attempting 5 tackles and winning them all. Could he be retrained as a defender? Will he pick up form?

Darlington then played Farnborough and quickly went down 1-0, but Beams was spurred on and scored his second goal of the club to bring it back to 1-1. Beams went on to get an 8/10 and can show this as a great example to any youngster proving even after a bad performance you can pick yourself up. Can beams keep this form?

Beamsys consistency is called into question again after another average performance, which sees him playing one good game then one not so good game.

A 6/10 may not be enough to keep him in the first team as his team lose their friendly against Luton.

Lazewski Jr plays once again for Bury having another shocker and being brought off after 64 minutes, playing at a rating of 5 he is yet to impress his new manager.

Can lazewski pull himself back up? Will he get in the managers good books? Or has his recent performances cast doubts over his first team status?

Ryan Gaults opportunity may be lost as he was an unused sub during Bristols next match as Steve Phillips played, the only ray of light is that Phillips only played a 6 as Rovers drew with Dag&Red 2-2.

However Gault got back into first team the next match, which no doubt would be a tough one, Bristol playing Colchester. Gault made 6 saves and got his best rating yet 7/10.

Can Gault keep his first team place? Can he retain his form?

Daniel Krzyzanowski fails to impress in his first Game as he got a rating of 5 in Mk Dons 3-0 win over Bishop Stratford. Having a good pass rate but not doing anything of note. Can Daniel pull his form up?

Boris de Sanchez el Eagles will want to forget his first performance, reaching a 5/10 in his sides 3-2 loss against poorer opposition Kidderminister. However the only comfort will be that 75% of the team also played badly and reached 5’s or 6’s. 74 minutes football was gained before he was subbed off.

Other News

Josh Pearce has been relegated to Blackpool reserves before even playing his first game. Will he be able to force his way back into the first team? Will he become a reserve team regular? Did he jump up the leagues too quick?

Julio Championo is on an amateur contract at Conquense of the spanish B2 league. He has been offered another contract with the club who are widely expected to be relegated, however he also has interest from Las Palmas of the Spanish second league BBVA and Castellion. Will either of the 2 bigger clubs make an offer? Will Julio be force to sign the contract before he loses all interest?

Week 4

No signings this week the only contract offer was to the amatuer Julio Championo from his current club, but he rejected it in the hope that the Liga BBVA clubs interested in him, namely Las palmas would make an offer soon.

Matches

Ryan Gault continued as number 1 keeper for Bristol and plays a good game gaining a 7/10 in their 2-1 win against championship side Q.P.R. Saving 4 efforts and playing the full 90 minutes. Will he keep his number 1 spot? Will Steve Phillips push Gault to improve?

Josh Pearce although being relegated to Blackpool reserves Pearce got his first match, and what a match it was to live long in his memory, although he didn’t play great 6/10 none of the team excelled but the valuable experience of playing against Juventus will be something Pearce will always remember. Will he keep his first team spot? Will he be promoted from the reserves? Or was this his only chance?

Brucie Bonus has been quiet last week but he got back into action with his new side Cremonese and improved upon his previous performance and got a 7/10. He didn’t last the full 90 minutes as his side ran away as 2-1 winners. Will Brucie play more often? Or will he continue to be an unused sub?

Tomaldinho scored his first goal in Chesters 2-1 win against Maragte, and came away with a 7/10 rating. Playing the full 90 minutes he fired 6 shots 3 of which were on target.

Will Tomaldinho continue in the first team? Will he become a fan favourite firing in shots and using his pace to get past defenders?

Tomaldinho is becoming a star in this Chester team, scoring 2 goals in his second match to bring Chester to a 2-1 win against Cambridge City, also being named Man of The Match. Will Tomaldinho continue to wow the fans? Will he be the top scorer out of the young players?

Lazewski Jr. only played 65 minutes which is unfortunate for him, BUT he did finally show his true quality playing a 7/10 against much better opposition in Everton reserves, he got on the score sheet as his team lost 3-1. But now he has found his form will he be able to keep it? Has Lazewski settled in yet?

Lazewski played again and another relatively poor performance, his 6/10 wasn’t impressive and his average rating now stands at 5.80 and this could well mean he doesn’t leep his place in the first team. However his manager has stayed faithful in picking the youngster thus far.

Charles Beams broke his usual pattern, but not in the way he would have wanted, he played a 6/10 once again and is no longer showing the flashes of brilliance that adhered him to the fans. It was a good experience for the youngster though playing against his home team club Middlesborough and not many of the Darlington team did play above a 6 so it isn’t a disaster for Charles. Can he up his form? Will playing against his hometeam club give him something to aim for?

Julio Championo also played his first game and he tore up the pitch playing 8/10 and even though he was only on an amateur contract at the club he was named captain of the side and teamed up well with the squad assisting a goal and scoring a goal himself in Conquense’s 4-0 win against Gimnastica.

Will he continue this run of form and stay on at the club? Will this attract the bigger clubs again? Will he become a club captain in the future?

Championo impresses in his second match too with a rating of 8 another goal and an assist to continue to impress the watching scouts of the Liga BBVA sides.

Once again captaining the side to a 3-1 win over Sanse of the B1 league.

Juan Boris de Sanchez el Eagles played his second match and did improve getting a 6/10 in his sides 3-2 loss to Lincoln. None of the Northampton side played really well and Eagles can take that as some sort of consolation. However he will have to improve if he is to make a name of himself and become a fan favourite.

Jaz Kenobi made his first two starts for his new club Leyton Orient, his first was a great one for his club but not so great for himself, he got a rating of 5 as his club went on to win 1-0 against Portsmouth.

His second match was against Rushden where he improved greatly scoring a goal and getting a rating of 7/10 will he be able to keep this form up? Will he continues to score goals even with his poor finishing?

Gary Baker makes a great impression on his debut against Portsmouth reserves scoring a goal and getting the Man of the Match award after his 7/10 performance which helped his team gain a respectable 2-2 win. Was Harry Redknapp watching? If so will he be keeping his eyes on Baker?

Daniel Krzyzanowski fails to impress once again as he got a rating of 5 in Mk Dons 3-1 loss to Wolves, he was the only player on the dons side to play 90 minutes so the manager must have some faith in him, but continuous poor performance will not go unnoticed. Can Daniel improve? Will he ever be a top player?

The Sulks’s performances decrease again gaining a 5/10 in his sides 3-0 loss to Fulham, showing little quality and not seeming interested in the game, the question remains in everyones mind. How committed is Nicolas Another?

Thats the Updates done for this morning, will post some more late afternoon 5:30pmish.

There are 3 players that are not on a contract at the moment.

Harry Barker

Michael Lowes

Dmitri Varmenov

However all three of them have clubs interested. So watch this space.

loving the updates :D

looks like i had a pretty average game against my hometeam and team i support.

Cheers! :):thup:

Yeh i think charles you and me are playing most often at the moment, but at the same time Julio Championo and Tomaldinho look to be the pick of the bunch at the moment.

Also im loving that The Sulk has steadily decreased in form.

Also have that dilemma again. If i do take over a club to make it easier, the only problem i will have is the risk of unsettling players by being interested in them!

Any ideas people? Should i just try and stay unemployed and see if i can do it that way? (Only problem is i wont hear any media stories, and may miss the odd detail)

Archived