Pre Season Tournaments

Firstly, does anyone else have any problems organising pre-season tournaments? I've tried plenty of times with arsenal and i always get at least 1 team rejecting me, so the tournament never goes ahead.

as well as this, are there any plans by SI to change how these tournaments are run? on the game, they are just straight knockout, but in reality, they are sort of round robin tournaments, with points for goals scored as well

I think the current tournaments in real life e.g. Emirates and Amsterdam Cups, should run.

yep i agree with tha too. when i've played as ajax i've always had a friendly tournament scheduled in the summer of the first season, but i only get a friendly tournament for arsenal once every ten times i play as them.

they're always just called 'Friendly Tournament' as well, rather than their proper names

I never have any problems organizing a tournament. Just make sure you dont aim yourself too high when inviting clubs.

Also if one rejects why do you not replace that team?

Also I always make a loss on my pre-season friendlies. I play 3-4 tournaments and a couple of cups. half the teams are average, a quarter poor and another quarter of high quality. The quality teams I have to pay a fair bit for them to come and play in the tournament, the Barcelona's, Reals and Milans of the world etc.

Huw the tournaments you are refering to are the "league" option in the drop down list, not the cup. In the friendly league you play them all.

I never have any problems organizing a tournament. Just make sure you dont aim yourself too high when inviting clubs.

Also if one rejects why do you not replace that team?

Also I always make a loss on my pre-season friendlies. I play 3-4 tournaments and a couple of cups. half the teams are average, a quarter poor and another quarter of high quality. The quality teams I have to pay a fair bit for them to come and play in the tournament, the Barcelona's, Reals and Milans of the world etc.

Huw the tournaments you are refering to are the "league" option in the drop down list, not the cup. In the friendly league you play them all.

what normally happens is that i invite 3 teams to play, top teams from the best leagues, such as Werder Bremen, Valencia and Lyon. Werder will accept, but the other two accept, so i invite lower quality teams from the same leagues, like osasuna and marseille. these reject, then i don't go lower than this because the tournament would be *****.

about the league option, admittedly, i didn't think about that, but iirc you don't get extra points for goals scored, and when i play as ajax, the amsterdam tournament that is arranged is a knockout cup, so this would need to be changed by SI

Archived