Starting/Taking Part in a Challenge

Starting a Challenge

• Make it original. Original ideas are going to get more people taking part.
  • Use the Ideas Thread to gauge how popular your challenge will be. Do not be disheartened if your challenge wasn’t as popular as you expected it to be.
  • The opening post is the most important one: include in it every rule of the challenge, and how often you expect people to update their progress
  • Tell people what you expect in terms of screenshots, be it the league table or the initial profile. Provide them with examples in your opening post.
  • Take part yourself: it doesn’t create a very good impression if you create a challenge and then don’t take part.
  • Be willing to draw the line on any question about the rules. If someone asks you whether something is acceptable under the rules, be prepared to answer them.
  • Telling people how to post a screenshot is also a useful addition for an opening post.
  • Play a test game for a few seasons to anticipate any problems that might arise with the challenge

Taking Part in a Challenge

• Provide all necessary information, such as the screenshots the challenge starter asked for
  • Encourage other users, it does wonders to their confidence
  • Do not cheat or do something that is specified as being against the rules of the challenge. It discredits the challenge and its starter
  • If you have any questions about what is and what isn’t acceptable in the challenge, ask.

Guest roberto922

Good work Canvey :thup: it'll help some of the people that are somehow newer than me :D Mind you it also gave me a couple of hints that could help me in the future eg saying how to post screenies.

• 8 months later...

Archived