edt files and database

When creating a new game some times teams dont have all there players. is it an edt creator that enables select teams with players to be added at ones own choice.? if so where do i down load this from.?

You don't want an .edt file, you want a .ddt file. An .edt file swaps clubs/boosts reputations etc., a .ddt retains players. Here's a link to a .ddt generator where you can retain clubs and nations. However, I can't access it at this moment, so you might want to wait a few minutes for the site to come back up.

Sorry, i should have specified where the file goes. Assuming you installed to the default directory and have applied the 8.0.2 patch, you put it in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-802\db\802\edt

You need to start a new game and make sure the .ddt is loaded up by going to Extra Files.

Sorry, i should have specified where the file goes. Assuming you installed to the default directory and have applied the 8.0.2 patch, you put it in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-802\db\802\edt

You need to start a new game and make sure the .ddt is loaded up by going to Extra Files.

You also need to save it NOT as a .txt but a .DDT so when you are in notepad and you go to save at the bottom change the oprion from Text File to All Files and then type in youfilename.ddt to save it properly.

Archived