Stadium question, not quite the normal one...

Hello

Its 2022 and I’m managing Braintree, believe it or not we are the best team in the world now, 5 back to back Prem wins, couple of champions leagues in the bag too, all painfully done without cheating/editing.

The stadium is a new one, capacity currently 47,000, it was small but was up’d by about 8000 a year every year for a few years, I assume while filling in corners or something. However last year it was not expanded, despite being full every single game and having £70m+ sat in the bank. Asked the board, they said they didn’t feel it needed expanding, but they have said that before then 4 weeks later announced its being expanded.

I just wondered if the new stadium has a limit and can I check this anywhere with an editor or something? What are the chances it will keep growing? Or do I need to get a few hundred million in the bank and then get another new stadium? I now have £110m as I sold a player for £31m, the finances are very healthy with me usually making £1m a month profit, plus tons at the end of each season.

I’m sure I once heard of someone on here with Braintree in 2060 and 90,000 stadium.

with it already being a new stadium, i dont know if it will work, but you can check the expansion capacity of the stadium using the editor. load up the database you're using, and search in stadia for your ground. it should say there what its expansion capacity is...

in the top right hand corner of the fmm window, theres a little arrow.. click that and make sure it's selected the same version of fm that you have running.. that sometimes fixes the prob, sometimes it doesnt.. if not, then i dunno what to do with it, sorry!

Its 2022 and I’m managing Braintree, believe it or not we are the best team in the world now, 5 back to back Prem wins, couple of champions leagues in the bag too, all painfully done without cheating/editing.

10 years to win the Premiership is some going icon14.gif. But I don't think I'd classify it as painful to be fair. Have a read of some of the threads in the LLM forum if you want to see painful :D

As others have said FM Modifier will let you see the expansion capacity but if it works like it did on 07 then you may find this value can slowly creep up. On 07 stadiums seemed to hit a point where they would get 'expanded' by 1600 seats for a few years, then a couple of council permission blocks followed by a new stadium. That was the typical pattern from what I remember.

I started as Tamworth and we are now the best team in England.

They built a new stadium which was 33,000 and it's now 70,000 - they've gradually increased the capacity over the years.

Would have gone up last year, but the council blocked it, so I think there's some more room for extra seats.

I could look in FMM for the max capacity, but it's kinda ruins the anticipation every June to see if it's going up!!

Archived