Player's slight concerns

Hi,

Sometimes I get some players on my team with the SLT key near their name and it tells me that they have a slight concern about lack of managerial discipline.

Can you pls tell me how to solve this matter?

And also when i manage AC Milan, Paolo Maldini's morale is always unknown.

How can I change this as well?

you need to download and install the 8.02 patch (at the top of the page) and that should fix Maldini's morale issues...

with the managerial discipline thing.. make sure you're warning and/or fining players who are being sent off in matches. this will stop that happening. i tend to warn the first time, and if they get another red later on, then they get fined...

What Nep said, but I would usually warn a player on the first occasion (don't continually warn them because you've already given them a chance and again this will raise the lack of discipline) and from then onwards fine them, I would also give a 2 week fine for missing training.

Edit: Sorry Rinso, I hadn't read yours and it's exactly the same :rolleyes:

no it will eventually go away.. could take a full season though... do you have the option to give him leave of absence?? if not, chuck him out on loan, and that sometimes helps, preferably to somewhere that speaks his native language if you can....

• 2 weeks later...
Another one, a couple players feel I'm not giving the team enough credit, how do I get rid of this?

Anyone gets an 8 rating (even if you lose) tell them you are delighted/they played fantastic. Keeps morale up nicely. :)

Try not to use the 'angry' comment in team talks, only use it to individuals that get a 5 rating or (dare I say it) below a 5.

Yeah, a decent general rule is:

5=angry

6=disappointed

7=pleased / good effort

8=pleased / delighted

9=delighted / fantastic

I also make sure to give "Pleased" to anybody who is on an 8 at half-time.

Stay away from the "Why can't you play like this every match" as a general rule, its a quick route to that "Lack of credit" line, especially if used after a 4-0 thrashing (the players expect Pleased / Delighted / Fantastic then). It does have its place, when the team gets a 1-0 win to break a 10-game winless streak, with most players on a 7 .. it seems like that team-talk can spur several good performances in a row.

Archived