FM Rehab (Like-minded FMoholicks)

Just thought i'd start a thread and give something to the forum.

This is plain and simple, tell us what makes you keep coming back to FM, what makes you want to play that one last game before you save and shut down, what makes you want to uninstall the game only to think about it all night until you re-install it again with a fresh attitude.

What is it about FM that makes you laugh, cry, beam with delight,fill you with excitement, stop you from sleeping.

Share your addiction.

BTW

the chance to take over your favourite club, something you've always dreamed of, and hopefully bring success to them! instead of stiiting there saying "i could do a better job than that muppet does" you actually get the chance to do it. its as though someone was listening, booted him out, put you in there and said "right you are then son away you go!!" god knows its a frustrating ride (im blaming all my grey hairs on fm), but also an enjoyable one... and at the end of it all, after all the disallowed goals, the penalties that were or werent, the offsides, the last minute 30 yarders from a defender with a minus value for shooting, at least we can switch it off and say "its just a game, calm down!"

That moment when you realise that you've become your teams best ever manager. The moment when you win the Premier League, or the Champions League or the FA Cup from the First Division. The moment when you realise when you've done everything you can in your game.

The reason I'll want to uninstall the game, beating Arsenal 6-0 at home in a CL game only to lose the second leg 7-0. Winning a game 4-0 until the last ten minutes when I concede 4 to draw.

I never do it though, I love it to much. I love the feeling of winning the Play-off finals even with your top goalscorer out with an injury forcing you to play your 19 yr old wonderkid, who scored a hat-trick (never to be repeated...).

All Great points and we can all relate.

I've become more addicted to this version of Fm than FM07.

Probably more so than FM06 which i was totally addicted to.

I love it when you bring a youngster through your youth ranks and he goes on to become a first team regular. To me you can't beat that feeling in FM.

On the other hand i hate it when you get your team talk all wrong and get slaughted by the team at the bottom of the league.

Keeps me coming back though!

enjoying alot and can't wait for 09.

Nothing beats the buzz of pumping your fist as your striker slams home a last minute penalty to cement that Champions League/Premiership/FA Cup for your home town club.

The feeling of utter embarrassment when you realise your wife is listening to you give a pre/post match interview to yourself.

AND

The utter disgust when someone asks you why you get so excited watching blobs run around the screen??

All these and more are what keep me coming back to FM. It's the pure excitement!

2008 has irritated/disappointed me to the point where I'm not sure I'll buy 2009 at the time of release like usual, but I continue to play it simply because if I don't, I'll feel like the game has beaten me. Stupid, I know.

Archived