Things that you love to see when playing

1. A player is available to "approach to sign" your assistant manager says he's a quality player, and even better, you can meet his wage demands.

2. You go to budget adjustment and find that your transfer budget can be adjusted to £100K as a conference club.

3. You get offered a really good player from a higher division on a free transfer.

1/ Wayne Rooney gets injured for 4 months which finally stops him scoring.

2/ My CB, long shots 2, having a go from 30 yards.

3/ Getting £3m as a BSN club because of a 50% sell on clause you added 7 years ago and then completely forgot about.

I like the little features e.g. I set myself to view a Man Utd game when I was Bayern Munich manager and the papers said "X is known to be a massive fan of Man Utd and tries to get to as many games as his diary lets him" (or something similar), thought that was a nice touch.

1. My m8 destroying our network game but doing the double over him :)

2. Fans deciding a loan signing who you are paying no wages and playing rarely is an aboration of a signing :S

3. buyinh players of 15 from Brazil knowing that in 3 years time they may or may not be "legends"

1. When a player your assistant says "only sign as last resort" turns out to be class from a having a gut feeling ( ie. his name looks like he should score lots, anyone else noticed this? or am I just going mad :S)

2. When one of your previous rivals struggle to stay in the league :)

3. When one of your youngsters you have trained from the start of his career turns into a world beater

1. My striker rounding the keeper, and blasting home a 90th minute winner :D

Woohaa!! :) :) :)

Love those moments too.

For me it has to be when playing a lower league game, signing a total class act who will no doubt make a huge impact on the team.

especially when it seems like at times you can't attract anybody decent to the club.

I just love to watch Diego & Juan Roman Riquelme (and our other AMCs now that I play 3 at a time) passing the ball around and generally playing beautiful football in full match mode. That we keep throwing away points on draws while B****n Munich start the season with 9 straight wins is a minor irrelevance compared to watching my team play :)

2. Fans deciding a loan signing who you are paying no wages and playing rarely is an aboration of a signing :S

Wrong thread lol :p I hate seeing this, its unrealistic.

1. Man Utd struggling :)

2. Healthy transfer budget.

3. Youngsters who have either come through your youth system or you bought at a young age getting into your squad conistently.

Can't think of much else.

This one time, I signed a young kid Stephen Le Guen from Nantes I think, Semi Final Champions league...1-0 down on aggregate, away at Villa Park, bring on the boy in a last ditch attempt to go through on away goals...dribbles past two, and blasts in a screamer from 30yards!!!!! At 17 only!!!

Became my top league goal scorer to date, and now part of my back room staff B-)

Hey, it's my 100th post...woohoo :D

OMG!!! I have to relay this about a match played last night...

I am Chelski, 6th round FA Cup replay at Stamford Bridge, for a spot to play Cardiff in the Semi's...Pre-match, they highlight Arsenal goalie as the man to beat...I respond, that he is a threat...and have my team loses confidence...they throw the kitchen sink at this guy the entire game...nothing 0-0 after 90mins...

105mins, my goalie is injured...and im like wtf??!! no goalie sub on the bench, but I had used my 3subs anyway...im screwed now, I think...

Throw a Chinese AMLC into goal..all my outfielders had 2 as a GK rating anyway..in the 120th minute, he saves (and holds) a point blank effort from an Arsenal striker...keeping us in it... :D

Goes into penalties...2-2 ...arsenal player steps up...tries to send it down the middle, but Bao Zhi saves the penalty!!!!!! We go on to win 4-3 on pens, after another Gooner skies over for the deciding kick...!!!!!

I LOVE THIS GAME :) :) :)

1. That first goal from a new signing, especially if they're not a striker.

2. Signing a player who could be considered a massive gamble and everyone doubts you for it (Joey Barton for £17.5m to Liverpool for me: big gamble that lol) and then him playing well and proving you right and the critics wrong.

3. Seeing Liverpool finally challenge for the league title.

4. Signing quality players by Scotland's standards (van der Vaart, Guilherme, Ivan Rakitic, Craig Gordon and many more) for my Celtic team as I totally dominate the SPL and Scottish cup competitions while Rangers get worse and worse. Closing in on Jock Stein's record of 9 consecutive league titles...

5. Seeing your team of underdogs take the game to one of Europe's best teams and winning (Celtic 2 Inter Milan 1 = BIG smile!).

I like the little features e.g. I set myself to view a Man Utd game when I was Bayern Munich manager and the papers said "X is known to be a massive fan of Man Utd and tries to get to as many games as his diary lets him" (or something similar), thought that was a nice touch.

haha i have never seen that, that is cool.

my favorite moment is when you have nurtured a youngster from age 15-17 (etc) then as he gets older the world starts to take notice

1) All the green bars in the "Signings" section of the confidence screen being close to maxed out, despite all being free transfers.

2) Players and assistant managers having you as their favourite player

3) Spending ages tinkering with a tactic before a really big match, and revelling in it coming to fruition.

1. When a player your assistant says "only sign as last resort" turns out to be class from a having a gut feeling ( ie. his name looks like he should score lots, anyone else noticed this? or am I just going mad :S)

Just done this got a Canadian International based totally on the fact he looked like he might score. He has got 19 Goals in 20 Games so far, he is already a legend. Even better he had never played a game before I signed him at the age of 23.

I love to see it when you take a punt on a player and you are repaid massively. Marek Strestik, a player I bought for Forest in League 1 score his 100th goal for the club in the clubs first, season in the Premiership. In terms of honours, , he came second to Fernando Torres for the the Golden Boot. The guy cost me £500,000! What I like most about it is that he isn't an obvious choice as a striker, he is an AML/ST. He had 8 for finishing when I signed him and about 10 for composure, I just felt he might be exciting as he had 18 for pace and 17 for acceleration, and looked pretty good in the air. Above all else, he's still only 23. An absolute gem of a player

1. when a player thanks you for his first cap

2. 1-0 down at half-time, yours words of wisdom result in a 4-1 second half turnaround

3. free transfers - either signing a quality player or just making a dirty profit

-Putting on my sub keeper for a striker because they've been awful and you're just about ready to give up and seeing the net bulge shortly therafter.

-Your captain saying your team talk really turned the game (its just nice :) )

-Telling a rival teams manager he can save them from relegation when they're in the top half of the table and seeing them collapse

Edit:

- Beating any team Dennis Wise is in charge of, that little..so and so gives me nothing but grief when I manage in the same league as him

You work hard to try and sign a particular player. You end up losing the transfer target to another club in the same division. The player signs for them and... does the "wah wah wah build the team around me" hissy fit. :D Then their teammates hate them, their fans hate them, and it takes awhile for the team morale hit to go away.

It's only happened a few times to me since I started playing FM but it makes my day every single time it happens :D

*) Winning CL 3rd q round against Sporting Lisbon... managing Salzburg

*) Letting youngster play in a deciding CL game because there are no other replacements for injured star and seeing him scoring the winning goal

*) Seeing former stars becoming really good coaches

(happened this very week...)

Your injury riddled side is in the ECL final, it is 0-0 and ©ashley Cole is crocked so you have to bring on 17 year old Ryan Bertrand who has been on loan in the Championship all year. Just gone 80 mins and the ball pings around the oppositions area after a corner, it comes out wide to the left flank, Bertrand runs onto it and (despite it being 2am) you shout "cross it".

Young Bertrand does not cross it. He slams it like an exorcet missile diagonally into the top corner from 25-30 yards. You struggle not to whoop for joy, the commentary tells you that it is his first ever goal for the club, that he is kissing the badge and that (ahh bless) the crowd are chanting his name. Apparently he "looks really pleased with that one". :)

You watch anxiously as the clock ticks down - and thanks to an untried 17 year old you have won the Champions League. At 17 the lad will already be a legend at your club.

Magic!

1) Watching as a youth player you've always beleived in but your assistant has labeled as mince gets his first international cap.

2) CMs scoring from the halfway line (only happened once)

3) Signing your former players as coaches. Happens so rarely though.....

1. a youngster of 16/17 coming on and bagging a few goals i then have a soft spot for him afterwards evn though he fails

2. Winning away at chelsea & manu & arsenal & liverpool more then 3-0

3. Getting world class players on free cause there contract ran out!

1. Persuading yourself to give that 21 year old striker a run in the San Marino side at the expense of an older pro, and see him score the winner on his debut and now has 6 in 6...

2. Having players spend their whole career at your club, and playing over 500 league games...

Archived