What is the cost of scouting players/regions?

There doesn't seem to be any indication of cost for scouting players/regions.

Does anyone know?

It would be nice to know before sending a scout to particular countries, or to scout for an indivdiual player.

Also, if you send a coach, does it have a detrimental impact on the amount of time he can coach the first team?

would be nice to know, then at least you would have some sort of targets when in llm, so you know when you can broaden your knowledge. and can coaches actually perform scouting assignments?? i didnt think they could. i know they appear in the box with the scouts, but i've never been able to assign them to anything, and it does say at the bottom "only scouts can perform scouting assignments" having said that though, if they cant, then what are they doin in there in the first place???

edit: just tried it, and when you highlight a coach, the option to add an assignment is greyed out. so, i say again, whats the point of having them listed in with the scouts???

edit: just tried it, and when you highlight a coach, the option to add an assignment is greyed out. so, i say again, whats the point of having them listed in with the scouts???

Because they contribute to you world knowledge i assume.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone knows. Otherwise people would've posted it, right?

As for the coaches being able to scout someone - you obviously don't want your coach to be away for a few weeks, but if he only needs to look at someone playing a game or two, it shouldn't seriously affect your training. It can help if you want a 2nd opinion when you aren't sure about signing him.

It would be a nice addition to a future version though, so you can see how much your travelling scout costs. That would make it a lot more preferable if you scouts could simply stay in a particular country, but so far that's not really possible if you want to cover more countries than you can hire scouts.

You can get coaches to scout players. Just not in an assignment.

You have to go to the player that you want to scout, then in his actions panel in the bottom left, click scout and you should get a list of all scouts and coaches.

There in the scouting screen so you can check who the coach has scouted

i was just thinking the very same question the other day, but for a slightly different reason.

It took me about 5 years to get Forest Green Rovers up to the Championship, and i was astonished to find out that the board was "only prepared to pay for scouting trips within the region". I understand the principle, but it would be good to have some sort of cost / budget associated to scouting. The reason i say this is because now-a-days its cheaper to fly from the UK to say Latvia (£9.99 each way) than it is to book a train ticket to Scotland (£115.00). Also, the hotels will be cheaper, as will the bar bills!

Ultimately, you can also purchase reasonable players from the baltic states for a few thousand pound, on earnings of £150 per week, yet you wont get much in Scotland for that.

Therefore the board is wrong to suggest they will only pay for scouting trips within the region when it can work out to be more expensive.

Archived