Players hitting a "purple patch"

Most strikers go through a rich vein of form, as well as suffering the opposite. For me, Torres has been no better than average since i took over, up until Jan 2009.... then.. all hell broke loose! 15 goals in just 9 games!! unreal! :D

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2797/formvt6.jpg

who has had the best run of scoring for your teams??

I'll stick to newgens so as noone can accuse me of naming players in GQ :p

Javier Diaz an Argentinian newgen scored 47 in 32 for me in my all conquering Barca team. His tally was helped by scoring 8 and 7 in two games against bottom of the table Castellon who finished the season with 0 wins 0 draws and 38 losses, concedeing 150 goals along the way :D

Most strikers go through a rich vein of form, as well as suffering the opposite. For me, Torres has been no better than average since i took over, up until Jan 2009.... then.. all hell broke loose! 15 goals in just 9 games!! unreal! :D

Spooky! Exactly the same for me. Rubbish the first season, Fans' Player of the Year the 2nd! The squad (particularly the front line) wasn't changed either.

Mine was James Hayter...a remarkable 9 goals in 3 games...

4 against Leeds started off his run, followed by 2 against Hartlepool and 3 against some team i can't remember. Legend.

His form slowly tapered off after that, scoring only a goal a game. But he's still scoring now. (14 goals in 9 games in all competitions)

Torres from day one has been a god for me - I am in my 6th season and every year he has hit at least 30 goals. In my last season he hit 55 in all comps and was world player of the year, european striker of the year , player of the year and just about every other award he won.

Podolski has been the opposite to Torres and is total crap - wasted £15m on him.

His form slowly tapered off after that, scoring only a goal a game. But he's still scoring now. (14 goals in 9 games in all competitions)

:D Only a goal a game, transfer list him!! He obviously isn't producing the goods lol.

Bojan had a purple decade for me at Man Utd where he was averaging over 50 goals a season. He scored 65 one season and what makes it better was that i got him on a free after third season i think it was.

ashley young put 50+ goals in all comps for me as west ham. he's probably my most successful buy on fm all things being relative. he played up front on his own for years and constantly did the business for me. cost about 5 mil

Podolski has been the opposite to Torres and is total crap - wasted £15m on him.

Phew I am not the only one then.

My most consistant player has to be Walcott. For 7 seasons he has scored 29+ league and 42+ in all competitions. He does not get a huge goal haul every game but gets his one or two goals the majority of the time.

some impressive stats here!! im almost jealous!! Torres finished with 32 in 39 for the season( including the winner in the CL final vs manure!!), but 24 in 21 post-christmas....

Bendtner was just back-up for me in season one and now in season 2 he has taken over the mantle from ade effortlessly when the former got injure. I am still in january and he has hit 35 goals in 18 starts and 10 subs. Also I dont play him every game as being arsenal, i have 3-4 other quality strikers. Helps him to keep him uninjured though..

Jimmy Briand. 29 in 23 games. Went on to score 49 that season.

Just wondering, did he get any international call-ups after that?

It's just that I see uncapped players do that kind of thing but still get overlooked by their country.

Just wondering, did he get any international call-ups after that?

It's just that I see uncapped players do that kind of thing but still get overlooked by their country.

Not one cap. Despite him scoring something like 150 goals in 190 appearences for me!

A French regen I had once called Tisset (I think) scored at least one goal in nine of his first ten games. The game then crashed, losing all ten games. Reloaded, kept same tatics, line-up etc and Tisset got one goal in ten.

When i first got promoted to league 1 in my game with Donny i signed Tomas Pekhart for 500k from Northampton.

After a couple of decent but unspectacular seasons, he didn't want to sign a new deal so i sold him on the last day of the transfer window rather than let him go for free.

With my team 4th in the league and desperate for a replacement i found Diego Costa on the transfer list for 50k, he looked pretty decent and i needed anyone to plug the gap left behind.

17 games, 17 goals, a 7.43 rating which helped my team gain promotion in a thrilling playoff final, left me feeling chuffed to bits.

I had a regen called Danny Waterus or something, bought him for £20m. Was unbelievable for his old club, Chelsea scoring 20 goals a season. He scored 20goals in 10 games... i thought WOW best signing ever.

He didnt score for another 22games!!!!!!! Still 20 in 32 doesnt seem bad does it!

Second season, didnt score at all 2 in 12 i think.

Sold in for £5m in the end of the season!

Could have been the best signing, oh well!!........

Picture4-2.png

Thats another great run. I've got better ones too. Just haven't got screenies for them.

Would love to see what formation you play to get a run like that.....and I thought 20 goals in 12 games was good!! Jeez!!!!!!!

Would love to see what formation you play to get a run like that.....and I thought 20 goals in 12 games was good!! Jeez!!!!!!!

A standard 4-4-2 ;)

I play to my players strengths, editing each ones Player Instructions to fully suit them.

(For example, a winger with 3 for Dribbling would have his "Run with ball" slider right to the bottom :) )

On top of that, its N. Ireland, and in the 2030's. That may not seem like much to you, but for me it was just another win.

I won the NIP a lot of times in a row, and am currently on a 13 season unbeaten run. (390 games)

A standard 4-4-2 ;)

I play to my players strengths, editing each ones Player Instructions to fully suit them.

(For example, a winger with 3 for Dribbling would have his "Run with ball" slider right to the bottom :) )

On top of that, its N. Ireland, and in the 2030's. That may not seem like much to you, but for me it was just another win.

I won the NIP a lot of times in a row, and am currently on a 13 season unbeaten run. (390 games)

13 seasons hey??? Must be fun, turning up for a match, being able to bugger off and make a coffee/tea/buttie/roast dinner and know when you return you have ANOTHER 20-0 win to your name!

You ever thought of trying to replicate a 13 season unbeaten run in a "proper" league??? Hehe

Its not quite like that. I'm attempting "Gundo's Challenge" - In which I have to take a previously unplayable team to League and Champions league glory.

Now, as good as I am in the league and domestic cups, I can't win the CL for toffee. :(

Just read through Gundo's Challenge and if my PC were quick enough to run a season through on holiday, I would probably take it up, seems like a fun challenge.

My second favourite player in the history of the game, Filippo Rocca scored 57 in 47, while being managed by the AI, two seasons after I left Aberdeen.

Including a storming 51 in 37 in the league, making him the highest scoring Golden Boot winner since 1951.

To put that into perspective, that's about as many goals as the rest of the squad put together.

For this achievement, he was given just two sub apearances for his country (his only other one being in a friendly just after he signed for Bari). A true artist is never appreciated in his home country.

Awesome player - so good I signed him twice.

97342894hd2.jpg

Archived