The most you've ever spend on a player

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i usually go to World > Transfers, then chose the date, and find the highest one haha

like on my current game the highest is £29m right now Goran Pandev to Liverpool

not sure about the most ive paid, probably around £20m or something

I'm usually very strict at not spending over 15m. I have however just spent 38m on two central defenders and the season before spent 18m on a striker but thats because I've been more successful than usual.

I usally try and sign players for no more than say £25M, But i did break the bank once and sign Agureo £39.5M, Messi £42.5M & Silva £46.5M - they were all release clause, and they were awesome in a 3 man AMC - unstopable, but yeah £46.5M is my highest buy so far on FM 08.

arsenal have too much money this was only 4 seasons. stupid unrealistic overrated arsenal.

Thats why I gave up with them after just one and a bit seasons, it was far too easy.

The most Id spent until recently was £11.75million on Mario Balotelli in a long Lyon save. But then on a Juventus save I went a bit crazy and bought Cristiano Ronaldo for £70million. And now on my Manchester United Save I have spent £22.5million of Dimitar Berbatov.

I hate spending big money, especially on a regular basis as it makes it seem so unrealistic, (unless you're Chelsea of course!!).

I spent 90 million on cristiano ronaldo for burnley.It was money well spent. On fm08 the most I have sold a player for is jeremy menez for £37.5 mill to arsenal.

I did spend £100 mill on vela on 07 and it was the best money I ever spent.

£90 million for Ronaldo, plus £10 million after he made 10 appearances and £15 million after he scored 10 goals.

(I was Newcastle in 2020, I think)

Wouldn't Ronaldo have been about 35 if you bought him in 2020? (This is Cristiano Ronaldo you're talking about, right!?)

£68M on Silva, to be fair, I don't think it's that unrealistic as I wouldn't have sold him at that price, he was more than worth it. However, he's showing clear signs of decline at 28!

The £100M+ prices are when a player has just signed a new contract. Juve wanted £112M for Sunny, I wouldn't pay it, bought Poulsen (£7M) as backup for a couple years and then got Sunny for £30M, almost a bargain.

£44.5M for daniel alves. the fee put me off playing fm08 for a few months tbh. i hate spending so much on one player, especially a defensive player, considering i hardly concede goals. he was the only worthwhile option tbh, other RBs cost £20M+ with average scout reports...

£100 million on Trezeguet on one of the old ones :(

on my current proper game £29 Million on Carlos Vela in 2010 or something.

highest AI ive seen is Juventus paying £57 million for Di Gennaro from AC Milan, he only scored 1 goal in 30 games the previous season so AC must of been laughing. He is a striker btw

I was seconds away from signing Ronaldo for £39 million, then decided to sign Andy Carroll for £29 instead. Wasn't only my largest fee, but also my best player with more than 360 goals in all competitions for the club, although a young regen seems to be having a crack at that, at the age of 22 he scored 67 in 64 matches in all competitions.

As arsenal i have a really healthy bank balance as it seems to be easy to win everything with them, so i thought cause i had a transfer budget of 155m i made my first 100m signing of sergio ramos ;D

i was seconds away from signing ronaldo for £39 million, then decided to sign andy carroll for £29 instead. Wasn't only my largest fee, but also my best player with more than 360 goals in all competitions for the club, although a young regen seems to be having a crack at that, at the age of 22 he scored 67 in 64 matches in all competitions.

you signed andy carroll for £29!!!!!!!:D

This whole thread just demonstrates how ridiculously high transfer fee's are on FM.

Please, please SI, sort this out, it's a bit of a joke.

Actually, I would say it demonstrates how ridiculously high people pay for players that aren't worth half of what they pay for them

you signed andy carroll for £29!!!!!!!:D

Yep, well million that is, and it was the best choice I have ever made on football manager! 365 goals in 499 appearances, along with 165 assists, 87 goals in 100 caps for England, 3 times World Player, with another 2 runner up and 4 third place, 5 Footballer of the year, another 3 runner up and a further 2 third, 6 year running European Footballer of the year, 7 year Striker of the year... The Beast!

My highest amount by a LONG WAY was £53m for Micah Richards. And he was totally worth it. Best player on the game by a country mile in my opinion. Scored about 5-10 goals a season, and was just immense.

My highest fee was in my Arsenal game when I bought Fernando Gago from Real Madrid for £32m. I usually keep transfer fee's down to around £10m so that was pretty high. I think my second highest fee was £15m for Iaquinta.

Archived