International management - opening up all teams as options?

I've been doing some reading on the forums and have found bits and pieces of information about getting all nations (200+ countries) to be options for international management. Essentially, I what I understand is that you need players from each of those nations in the active database. To do that, one can create a .ddt file with all nations listed to activate those nations' players in the database. Is this still the best way to do that?

Some have suggested making all nations active with leagues, but others have complained that this can slow a PC down, especially after many seasons. For that reason, I would prefer to just have a few leagues open to me, but would like to have the opportunity to coach any national team (when my reputation gets good enough to receive offers, of course).

* Does the ".ddt file" solution basically load every player in the database into the game (creating an active mega-database)?

* Is there an easier way to activate all national teams?

* What am I missing or not considering?

Thanks for your help, FM'08 world!

Yes, I'd say creating a .ddt file is the easiest way. Or downloading one someone's already made. I currently use the Alcoholic Chocolate Box (non-alcoholic version), which gives a good spread of lower nations to manage. I can't find any surviving links for that, though. Here is a .ddt generator which you may find useful. Due to the number of players in the database, it isn't possible to manage all nations, but you can certainly get almost all of them. Someone posted a list of those that can and can't be managed; you might want to have a search for that. Plus, loading a lot of players from nations may have a slight negative effect on gamespeed.

Theres nothing to stop you splitting the worlds nations up in the regions or continents (as in have one ddt file for the caribbean, another for mexico) or any way you like. That way when you go to start a new game you can decide which ddts you fancy using and leave the rest off, because if you do activate them all it will slow your game down dramatically. That ddt generator canvey suggested looks just the ticket so that you dont even have to bother making them yourself.

Archived