Converted Nationality

Has anyone had a player in a country so long they managed to get that player to have a second nationality and then play for their new countries national team?? A bit like Piscu being Qatari

I managed to get Ahumada to Sweden and he was capped.

Pablo Mouche has 750 days left to become Greek and it will be an emotional time if he ever plays for them (it takes 10 years to be a greek national)

Should say, I was England manager at the time and Walter was at MY club.

Haven't seen anyone do it when I wasn't the manager of that nation, although a lot of players with African second nationalities go off to play for those nations if they haven't been called up to England/France/Italy etc by the time they're 25.

I even had one newgen whose slight concern was "fed up of waiting for his chance with England" and went off to play for Nigeria. As England manager I was impressed with his stats but told him once he "needs to be playing regular 1st team football".

Back on FM07 i sent off a lot of my foreign signings to my Belgian WP feeder club to gain EU nationality. But this then resulted in quite alot of them going on to play for Belgium instead of their home nation! Belgium became pretty good.

I've had a Brazilian Winger gain Bulgarian Nationality, after spending three years at my Bulgarian Feeder Club. Several years later after I'd sold him, I noticed he'd been called upto the Bulgarian Squad. I've also done it myself, when I was manager of France I calledup a Brazilian Keeper who'd gained French Nationality. (I think when you are an International manager to game informs you when someone gains Nationality and can play for your country.)

Archived