Is it too late for FM 09 ideas?

I just hope the main improvements are on player/club/manager/media interaction and the match engine. People will probably disagree with the last one but I hope to buy the new game, go to my first match and find a slightly better looking match.

Someguy - game development for this works much like it does for the other annual sports games.

For SI, I imagine its something like this:

July '07-August '07 - Most of the team working on bug fixes for FM'08. Features meeting regarding FM'09. Possibly a branch is created and one or two senior engineers start it on the largest components of the key features agreed to

September '07 - Launch of FM'08. Most of the team takes a well-earned vacation from FM'08 launch. Feature-set tied off for FM'09.

October '07-January '08 - Part of the team working on FM'08 patches, most of the team begin work on FM'09

February '08-May '08 - Most of the team really cranking away as they try to get the game ready

May '08 - Feature complete, alpha testing begins

June '08-August '08 - Heavy QA testing. Bug fixes only. Meanwhile, they're starting to think about FM'10...

September '08 - Final testing, final DB update, launch! ... and another well-earned vacation.

October '08-January '09 - Part of the team working on FM'09 patches, while most of the team begins work on FM'10.

So ... now is the right time to submit FM 10 ideas ... or any last bug reports about FM'08.

If it is worth anything, CD WOW! lists the FM 09 being available on Oct. 15th 2008 for a price tag of 43.99 GBP.

http://www.cdwow.com/search?query=football+manager&category=all

this happens every year. its a GUESS, based on previous years, and when they think it will be released. tbf, if SI havent mentioned a release date on here, then i think it highly unlikely that CD WOW! would know..

Archived