The AI managers and their opinions on you.

What do these depend on? I remember in my 07 game I was quite popular and got many of these respectful or positive pre-match comments. In my current 08 game it seems that everybody hates me which means I get negative comments before nearly every game now. It feels really sweet to stuff the idiots after their tirades about how they'd wish I crashed and burned but it gets a bit boring eventually. I've never made a negative comment to start a flame war either, but I do of course respond when they target me. Would that affect how other managers view myself in the game?

Also, why can you only make a comment pre-match or when they make one? Id really like to use the 'say that you tactically outclassed the ****' option post game in these situations but I can only do that if they'll say something first.

If you go to the team you have just beaten and right click on their managers name it will give you the option of "manager interaction", whether they have made a comment about you or not.

Other managers perception of you depends on many things, at the start of the game it will be loyalty based mainly i.e. as FC Bayern manager, Veh the Stuttgart manager hated me before i'd even picked a first 11, but Magath the Wolfsburg manager and former Bayern favourite believed we could become friends. Loyalty and rivalry is no guarantee of how a manager will react to you though, if you become friends with a manager and he then moves to a rival doesn't mean he will start to dislike you, at Barca I had a good friendship with Michael Laudrup who was managing Spurs, then he took over at Real and despite the clubs rivalries he commented piositively about me pre and post match.

Over time you do have the ability to make a manager hate you, simply moan about them or make snide comments after the match. Ultimately manager opinion is based on interaction between managers, loyalty and rivalries.

Thats weird Aktsjon......And by the way, what is your name about and how to pronounce it?

You should be able to comment on any team's manager at any time.

And the relationship part only depends on what you say, not whether or not you are responding or initiating. My manager is something of a kiss-arss because having good relationships means that I get my bids accepted for their players, which means I can bid on their players and unsettle them by having the bids accepted (if we are rivals), or buy players who'd otherwise be too 'key' to give up. I choose the teams that are unlikely to get relegated to become friends with. The relegation teams often fire their managers, so its not worth befriending them. I use them as negative targets so that I'm not seen as too weak by my players.

Some players seem to like you slamming other managers. Some like you being nice.

One other thing I do is to become friends with high-profile managers in the game, in other leagues. I don't know if its true, but it seems that having high-reputation managers making positive comments about you and your team is good for morale.

Certain options only open up depending on the relationship you already have with other managers, and depending on the scoreline (if just having played a game).

-Smack

Thats weird Aktsjon......And by the way, what is your name about and how to pronounce it?

The name got messed up with the software change. It used to read Äktsjon Männ, which is just a daft spelling of action man and the only reason I use it is that years ago when I first got into management games (and fantasy football, when it first arrived) I used to have it as my name in those. I'm just used to it I guess.

But thanks for the replies. I guess I should just ignore their personal attacks to be more liked among other managers, but I don't think I'm willing to do that. My players like it as well when I'm rude and react positively to my outbursts so I guess it's fine.

But about the interaction option, it isn't available at all times in my game at least. It's only there pre-match and when they say something about me.

Can you actually ever become friends with them? Thiery Henry is now manager of Aston Villa and it always says "believes that you could become friends", I have managed him at 2 different clubs and we always praise each other after our matches, but alas no change.

Can you actually ever become friends with them? Thiery Henry is now manager of Aston Villa and it always says "believes that you could become friends", I have managed him at 2 different clubs and we always praise each other after our matches, but alas no change.

If by 'friends' you mean becoming one of their favoured personnel then yes this is possible. But i think that's it really, they give you praise and are more likely to accept bids from you for their players.

Archived