New laptop

I am buying a new laptop in the near future and I have found one. The specification of the laptop is below:

* AMD Turion 64X2 Processor TL60

* (2.0 GHz, 1600 MHz FSB, 1 MB Cache)

* Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

* 2 GB Memory

* 200 GB Hard Drive

* DVD Super Multi ReWriter Drive

* 15.4 " TruBrite Widescreen Display

* Face Recognition Software & Webcam

* Harman Kardon Speakers

* Touch sensitive buttons

I just wanted to know

how many leagues will this run roughly?

is the spec laptop could enough to do a long game by this i mean 20 - 30 year game?

and should i look for a laptop with a faster processor speed?

thanks

You will be able to run all leagues fine on that spec. However in the long run you may just want to have the major leagues. I have a similar spec lap-top and I run all the leagues from England, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, Holland, Brazil and Argentina. As well as loading other leagues such as the USA, Germany, Japan, China etc so that their leagues are viewable but not playable.

Agreed with what others have posted - with that you should be able to play as many as you want to - but the important thing is not to run leagues just for the sake of it.

My PC can run just about anything, but I'd never want to run all leagues, as there's just no point: I'm never, ever going to manage in half of the countries there.

The important thing for me is to load all the leagues that I might actually want to manage in over the course of a 20/30 year game, and then a couple of extra leagues just to increase the size of the database a bit.

Perhaps all the leagues from 8/10 countries would be about right - you'd get great performance, and a really decent in depth game.

It's worth remembering that when PCs run intensive programs they get hot. FM makes them get very hot. Desktop PCs have plenty of space for fans and air circulation. Laptops don't. If you don't need a laptop, get a desktop. You can get a much better spec for the same price, and you won't have problematic over-heating issues which can cause laptops to run slowly when playing intensive games like FM.

Archived