Manager Photo

When you add a user/manager and you get to select a photo. Is there a way (find the file?) to change it after a while. I've searched through the files but can't find anything.

Any help would be great.

Don't think there is, but there might be a way you can do it in an in-depth sort of way.

Yeah

Find your managers ID, at the top of his page.

Then link a picture you want to his ID like you do with a player picture. This will override the old picture with the new one.

I hope that is what you mean?

I recently did this as I wanted to change my managers pic.

You can set it at the start of the game but if you want to change it afterwards you need to use a config file. It's quite simple, actually, especially if you have installed facepacks/logo kits as you can just tag it on the end. I wanted to change my picture, and my unique ID was 2000002474. So I went to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\premiership where I already had the Premiership kits installed, and on the end of the config file below the similar rows I added:

<record from="profile" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000002474/portrait"/>

Where profile was the name of the 180x180 pixel png I wanted to use as my profile picture.

• 3 weeks later...
bump. anyone have an idea?

What canvey!! said

You can set it at the start of the game but if you want to change it afterwards you need to use a config file. It's quite simple, actually, especially if you have installed facepacks/logo kits as you can just tag it on the end. I wanted to change my picture, and my unique ID was 2000002474. So I went to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\premiership where I already had the Premiership kits installed, and on the end of the config file below the similar rows I added:

<record from="profile" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000002474/portrait"/>

Where profile was the name of the 180x180 pixel png I wanted to use as my profile picture.

I dont have them installed. So how do still do it?

Well the first thing you need to do is create a graphics folder in this location: "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 if you do not already have one.

The next thing is to save a picture of yourself in there as a PNG image with a size of 180 pixels by 180 pixels.

Then you create a config file. Go into a text editor like notepad and type the following:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="NAME OF SAVED PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/YOUR INGAME UNIQUE ID/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Save the fie in the graphics folder as config.xml (remembering to change the save as file type to all files).

When that is done go into preferences in the game and untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm. (These are in the display and sound section). Confirm the changes. Go back in and tick use skin cache and untick always reload skin on confirm. Confirm the changes.

Go to your profile and your pictures should be there.

Finding out your unique id

Your unique id can be found in the game by doing this.

Go to preferences and then go to display and sound.

Check show unique ids.

Confirm your changes and then go to your profle.

Your unique id should be at the top of the screen under your name.

Hopefully you get all that.

• 2 months later...
Well the first thing you need to do is create a graphics folder in this location: "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 if you do not already have one.

The next thing is to save a picture of yourself in there as a PNG image with a size of 180 pixels by 180 pixels.

Then you create a config file. Go into a text editor like notepad and type the following:

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="NAME OF SAVED PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/YOUR INGAME UNIQUE ID/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Save the fie in the graphics folder as config.xml (remembering to change the save as file type to all files).

When that is done go into preferences in the game and untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm. (These are in the display and sound section). Confirm the changes. Go back in and tick use skin cache and untick always reload skin on confirm. Confirm the changes.

Go to your profile and your pictures should be there.

Finding out your unique id

Your unique id can be found in the game by doing this.

Go to preferences and then go to display and sound.

Check show unique ids.

Confirm your changes and then go to your profle.

Your unique id should be at the top of the screen under your name.

Hopefully you get all that.

XML Parsing error... its tough to see where im gettin this wrong..

correct me if im wrong but do i have to change just the parts that say "NAME OF SAVED PICTURE" and "YOUR INGAME UNIQUE ID"?

Yeah, you do. Have you?

yeah i did, i basically copies it identically...

then i made a file called me2.png and changed the 'name of saved pic' with it... and i swapped my pic id with it too.

then created a text file with all that thrown in and renamed it config.xml and threw it in SI/FM2009/GRAPHICS/PICTURES/1394642168/PORTRAIT along with the pic.

once i try to load up the game it gives me an error though... any ideas?

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="me2.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394642168/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

But if you cannot attach them then how will that make a difference.

The best thing is to just post up here what is in the file and I will check that first.

i can attack on my personal email.... its the email supplied by this site that isnt letting me attach any files

yup, you just helped a blue, im sorry to say.... but a very appreciative one at that ;)

Ah well, I will know next time. ;) Only joking, I hope you have a successful game and as long as they don't do the same in reality I will be happy. :p:D

well, 30 years of suffering... letting us have 1 cup wouldnt kill ya :p

It would. :p

Seriously, though, even though I am a United fan I don't hate City. For example if United were out of a Cup and City were still in it, I would not desperately want them to not win it or anything. It would not bother me if they won or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived