Your Best Newgen Thread

Inspired by the many complaints of bad newgens/regens whatever you wish to call them.

This thread is for your best newgens, if you have any :D

Only FM08 newgens allowed and they dont actually have to play for your team.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I almost put it in The Good Player Guide BUT seeing as these are newgens only, I thought it would be ok in here?

Here's some of mine.

Fernandes

Hayat

Maitland

Miguel

Schafer

Skribis

Vidovic

There are some rather obvious weaknessed to a few of these players but we'll not focus on those.

The skin is Bluu, by the way. I know people always want to know the names of skins when people post screenies, so I will get in there before you all start!

Also probably best to link to images, rather than using embedded ones. We don't want to kill this new forum we have :D

I had him at Sheffield Wednesday (I managed them for 11 years). He was at my club when I was in the CCC and he couldn't hit a barn door. Then we got promoted, and he still couldn't hit a barn door. Arsenal offered me something like 23m for him and I couldn't resist. He moved there and STILL couldn't hit a barn door! So AC bought him for 28m! Now look at him.

yeah, an amazing talent... i really hope that one day a latvian player will go to ac milan in real life :D our current best achievement is marians pahars in southampton few years ago (7th best goal scorer in EPL)

All quality players, it shows that not all regens are awful. The standard of quality is excellent and not as bad as some people make them out to be.

You're almost right, but this is a small handful. After the top players in my game (the ones I posted) the quality is awful. So in my game, I have 8 world class players, beyond that - talent is hard to find. Oh, and don't forget, I nutured most of these myself - not the AI.

Personally I have always thought that 8.0.1 produced better regens than 8.0.2, but that is my opinion.

Here are my best, from both 8.0.1 and 8.0.2

Fernandez Fernandez

Toirov

Sousa

Rodiguez Garcia

Kaminski

Russo

Tabti

Dropsy

Serra

Colombo

Peron

Schneider

Hart

Prusina

Viana

Morina

Mesquita

Melnikov

De Marco

Izzo

Quite a long number of people, but out of those, Simon Kaminski is the best.

Neji, those are quite some amazing regens: Kaminski is very similar to your Skribis. You have an amazing goalkeeper in Fernandes, I always seem to find top quality regen goalkeepers very hard to find. The best one I have had is this guy:

Scholten

pcmeister, some very good players there. Kaminski is amazing. Fernadez Fernandez (HAHA) is brilliant too. Im having trouble finding top class defenders with stats like his in my game. Russo looks great too.

If yours are anything to go by, it looks like 8.0.1 is producing some good physical stats but less players and 8.0.2 is creating more good players but much lower physical stats.

My GK is by far an and away the best GK in the game atm. I've had several bids of 28m+ for him but there is no one that can come close to replacing him so I've always rejected them. My young GK who is 19 looks like a real talent too but he still isn't anywhere near Fernandes' quality.

My GK is by far an and away the best GK in the game atm. I've had several bids of 28m+ for him but there is no one that can come close to replacing him so I've always rejected them. My young GK who is 19 looks like a real talent too but he still isn't anywhere near Fernandes' quality.

But doesn't his low jumping stat cause him to let in long shots? My scouts have spotted quite a few good looking GK-s in my game but none of them can jump. So I'm a bit cautious about signing them really, but in the future I'm surely going to need a regen GK if I'm to keep this game going.

If yours are anything to go by, it looks like 8.0.1 is producing some good physical stats but less players and 8.0.2 is creating more good players but much lower physical stats.

Sorry for the double post, but I could not agree more with this statement. All of those players from 8.0.2 are from the game I am currently playing, which is the Terry Venables Challenge under the challenges thread. On another note, Kaminski went on to score 80 goals in all competitions in the season that the screenshot was taken

Here are some of my players at Arsenal.

French

frenchwo0.th.jpg

Stolen from Crystal Palace 2016 for £1.2m

Martinez

martinezuw2.th.jpg

Signed from Las Palmas for £1m after my scout gave him 5 stars.

Tomkins

tomkinssr8.th.jpg

Signed from Middlesbrough £775k after scoring 6 for England U21 when only 16 (buy of my career)

Here are some from my game. These are only the ones I've either found by scouts or bought myself, I'm sure there are more out there. Apologies for the fuzziness of the red text, not sure why it became like that. If its in red its 16-20 anyway. Most of these have't hit their max ability yet either as they are so young.

Mandl - My next transfer target. Pretty good midfielder:

mandlpz7.th.jpg

Bindewald - The best target man regen I've found. Hoping to buy him when my current striker gets too old:

bindewaldnr4.th.jpg

Carrington - He's in my team atm. I lost out on him to Porto when I was coaching another team, then when Ajax hired me I bought him and then I brought him with me to Juve. Solid right sided player, could be a decent AMC as well.

carringtonfy1.th.jpg

Jae-Suk - Funny name but a good CB. Missed out on him with Ajax.

jaesukmd8.th.jpg

Here are some more:

Pena - This guy also followed me from Russia, to Italy, to Nantes, To Ajax were Tottenham bought him off me for 10M +50% (chairman did it). Not maybe a fantastic player, but both footed and can play RB and LB.

penahk7.th.jpg

Sandro - Bought him when I started in Russia and then to Italy. Tried to buy him with Nantes but Siena outbid me and then sold him on to Man U for 16m.

sandrozb7.th.jpg

Selke - Highest value Regen that I've found. Tried to buy him but he was worth around 6m at age 16 and Roma shelled out for him.

selketh2.th.jpg

Triki - Both footed and fast. This guy will probably be one of the best fast strikers in the world. Celtic bought him under my nose a few years earlier.

trikine3.th.jpg

Nearly all 8 have PPMs too.

i can't say i've ever had regens of this quality, but in some of my games i've noticed that decent regens only appear when you need them.

for instance, i had an arsenal game where i spent loads of money on all the usual real players, and no half-decent regens. but in a barca game i never spent the whole budget, only bought required amount of players, rarely sold existing team members, etc... and now i have a load of regen players with promise - and all in positions where i have ageing players

has anyone else experienced this? is there a bug in the game which recognises when a regen should appear and in what position?

btw in arsenal game i'm in 2016/17 and no players, barca 2010/2011 and already players coming through

I'm only in 2010 so none of the newgens I've seen have had a chance to set the world on fire yet. However, I have just signed a young Basque keeper from Getafe for my Man. United team. He's only 17 so he's in the U-18s, but he has some pretty good stats and my coach's report suggests he's destined for big things, so I'm pretty excited.

how do you put your pictures on here. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it? thanks

[noparse]example.jpg[/noparse]

Thats how to do it. Type that but obviously replace the example url with the one where your picture is at.

Almir World class got him for 500k was dubbed as the next kaka think he became as good if not better:thup:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh286/hitman45111/AlmirProfile-2.png

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh286/hitman45111/AlmirPersonal.png

Alexandre World Class Dm nedds to work on acceleration and his fitness is low best dm in the game at the moment got him for 300k

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh286/hitman45111/AlexandreProfile.png

Just got this fullback only 15 going to take a chance with him got the money to.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have anything to match Andrew Smylie up there (!), but here are two of my favourites and thus BESTS from my spectacularly long-running FM06 game:

2nu5evp.jpg

twenty-two glorious years as the main man for both Milan and Italy, went out in typically heroic fashion by saving three penalties in the European Championships final. His physical stats took a right kicking towards the end, but it didn't seem to matter.

2rf8r54.jpg

35 years old and still my first name on the teamsheet despite me having two mid-20s £25m+ strikers who should be making him look like an old joke. He's won everything there is to win and despite big dips in his stats (although his finishing was only 16 at its best) he's as good as ever. 35 goals in 42 games, an average of 7.81, and a couple of player of the year awards in your 16th season at the club ain't too bad at all.

I haven't really managed very far in FM. But my best newgen ever was a central defender named Leon Egan when I was managing Harrogate Town. He made 9 apps in his first season when I first started, and the next season he started every match in the Blue Square North the following year scoring 7 goals, we got promoted to the Blue Square Premier where he continued to score for two more seasons before we got promoted to League 2. But during the League Two season after he made two England U-21 apps Wolves came in for him and offered 1 million pounds and my chairman accepted it cause it was too good to turn down. We struggled the rest of the season, but avoided relegation by like 3 points lol.

*Hopes desperately he has at some point saved a picture of regen he wishes to share*

*Breaths sigh of relief as he finds one*

Probably, in fact definetley not my best regen but certainly my favourite as I discovered him at 16 playing in Belgium, bought him for Real Valladolid and slowly brought him into the first team. Several years later after being sacked before I got to see him reach his potential I took the job at West Ham primarily because he was there and he captained the side to two premier league titles and a champions league final.

Oh all that and I nearly forgot the screenie :D so here is Loic Phileppens

Archived