sods law

I'm sure many of you have come across this, I'm Linfield manager and have been for the last 10 seasons. I cant send my scouts out of the UK yet so i'm pretty limited on the players i can get my hands on.

But every now and then a player will pop up from south america , Whos a young promising player willing to join my team.

So you have you bid of peanuts accepted he has no problems accepting a contract you offer BUT then! you can never get a work permit EVER so you can never sign this type of player, Then when someone else puts a bid in for the player bamm they get him no problem and he no longer wants to know you

A young striker from child who has been capped 3 times already at the age of 19 is willing to join me but sadly it just wont happen , And i know he would be my first choice strike and would tear up the dangerous N.I league

Raid some reserve teams of clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona, Man Utd, Roma, etc. There are always a couple of players willing to drop a fair few steps of the ladder. this is what I done with Bath City and managed to start building up the teams rep and then my scouts were free to roam where I please.

Archived