New PC help .

Hi,

Just about to get a new PC and just wanted to know if the spec is good enough to cope with running FM08 'Hugh' data base with say 10 leagues selected with ease ? below is the spec

• Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 CPU
  • Ass PSN-E NF650i Chipset Main board
  • 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / 800 RAM
  • 500 GB 7200 RAM SATA-11 HD
  • Dual NVidia GF880GT 512MB Video

i generally play FM with MSN and the internet running at the same time too, will this be a factor ?

thanks

Yes it will run the 'huge' database quite well at the beginning, but after about a year it will become quite slow. Also unless you have the 64 bit OS you will only see about 3.2 GB of ram on the computer (by default all OS are 32 bit), but still is a very good spec PC. Makes me a bit jealous that!!

Yes it will run the 'huge' database quite well at the beginning, but after about a year it will become quite slow. Also unless you have the 64 bit OS you will only see about 3.2 GB of ram on the computer (by default all OS are 32 bit), but still is a very good spec PC. Makes me a bit jealous that!!

Thanks for the advice, say if i ran Large database with all the leagues in Eng, and the top league from Scotland, Spain and Italy - would it still be running quickly after about 5/6 seasons ?

Do people not have problems with 64 Bit OS thou ?

It really depends in what kind of detail you intend to run those leagues. By default only the league you are in has fully processed matches. IF you will start enabling full processing for other leagues then the performance will quickly start to deteriorate.

BTW: Why would you want to play with huge database and only 10 leagues? Most of the players will be at non league teams and we all know how "superbly" those teams are handled.

You can have other processes running while playing and it wont matter. Your computer is powerful enough to run everything except FM :)

No point getting dual 8800GT's, get one 8800GTS (512mb version) instead.

But other than that, yes, your computer will annihilate fm. I have a E6850, and that runs it perfectly :)

Actually there is no point in getting any nvidia card ATM. ATIs new series of cards has a much better price/performance ratio.

Archived