Team Talks

Sorry if this has already been brought up but how come if i have say a touchline ban, after the game the players most of the time say that my assistant was hard on them in the dressing room after the game, but will then say in their general happiness that they are dissapointed in the way I talk to them during the team talks??? + the media always refer to my assistant as the manager? shouldn't they call him "x teams assistant manager" rather than "the manager of team x" ??

This should really be sorted out!!

I wouldn't worry about it. The text string for their concern blames you but the actual values that measure/store their reaction will be attributed to the assistant.

So if you get a response like that from a team talk your favoured personnel rating will take a hit (or your disliked personnel will increase). If your assistant was in charge and he gave the team talk, the text string will still blame you but it will be the assistant that takes the hit in the values that measure the 'relationship' with a player.

I wouldn't worry about it. The text string for their concern blames you but the actual values that measure/store their reaction will be attributed to the assistant.

So if you get a response like that from a team talk your favoured personnel rating will take a hit (or your disliked personnel will increase). If your assistant was in charge and he gave the team talk, the text string will still blame you but it will be the assistant that takes the hit in the values that measure the 'relationship' with a player.

You're right. HOWEVER, we should worry about it. If a player dislikes the AM, then there is morale problems. If the player is concerned at the way you talk to them (even thought it is the AM), there will be morale problems and they could very well want to leave beause of it.

It needs fixing. I think that the 'AM does team talks' option should effectively turn them off. The option only causes problems as it is.

You're right. HOWEVER, we should worry about it. If a player dislikes the AM, then there is morale problems. If the player is concerned at the way you talk to them (even thought it is the AM), there will be morale problems and they could very well want to leave beause of it.

It needs fixing. I think that the 'AM does team talks' option should effectively turn them off. The option only causes problems as it is.

I have gone back to my Barcelona CM03/04 and its a breath of fresh air not to do team talks for this reason. I can just get on managing the team without them getting upset. It has a negative though, I cannot encourage my team after a poor first half and usually either draw or lose that game.

Archived