International Round-Up

This is my second thread today related to international things, but I think this area really should be improved, so...

We should have more information about our player international performance. At this moment we can only see ''scored a goal'' ''set up a goal'' or ''had a good game'' - 7, ''was dissapointing'' - 6. But why not ''worried opposition defense with countless runs'' ''practically destroyed defense with passing accuracy'' ''was midfield's maestro today'' ''saved a certain goal in injury-time'' ''hit the post when the score was 1:1'' ''failed to impress because lack of speed'' ''gave away a penalty in extra-time'' ''couldn't stop oppositions speedy forwards'' ''was quiet because opponents closed him down''. Also, if player gets injured we don't see it in report, it's the same text as for usual substitution. The small line that is under all lines ''was injured'' should be next to performance report. Also, if many players play for the same team why couldn't we see description about them all? Once there was a report ''Rafael Van Der Vaart gave a solid performance for Holland today. Zeefuik also played in this match'' But when I decided to check details of this match, I saw that Zeefuik scored the only goal of the game in 90th minute!

One more suggestion: ''Salzburg's duo run Poland ragged as Aufhauser set up a nice goal that was scored by Vonlanthen''. I mean, if Ramos would assist Raul's goal in Spain's game, media would point at that...

Does your AssMan really have nothing better to do with his time than sit and watch every lousy game your international players play in?

Not only that, but would you really care? So my player had a good game... that helps me in what way exactly? If he's playing like his usual inept self for me but putting in blinders for his country, I can already go back and check out the highlights to see what they're doing differently. Having my blind-drunk AssMan point it out to me is unnecessary.

Yea, Turnip, just because you don't care, it doesn't mean others don't.

hat helps me in what way exactly?

Apparently it doesn't help you. But it may help others. Perhaps he played a different position for his country, and was outstanding. Theres many avenues I could go down...

I agree with this. Let's get a paragraph for each player in the match, much like we do for scouting a player or keeping tabs on a member of an international squad.

It would have really helped out with writing Blade, for example, as I gave an update on each international match played by a member of our squad. Besides, I just like to keep tabs on it.

There's plenty of interesting phrases to describe a player's match performance already in the game, we just need the A.M. to access them.

In real life, club managers take international matches very seriously - almost always in a negative sense.

So just because one rather jumped-up seeming individual doesn't think he would benefit from it doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful or realistic to make reports on our international players more in-depth.

My point is that you can find that information out already.

Yes, you may have to go into the match details, but the information is there.

And while it would be nice to see how your three international players got on when you're in L1, once you have a squad filled with fully-capped and U21-capped players, would you really read 15-20 paragraphs each time one of those wretched international match-days came around?

My point is that you can find that information out already.

Yes, you may have to go into the match details, but the information is there.

And while it would be nice to see how your three international players got on when you're in L1, once you have a squad filled with fully-capped and U21-capped players, would you really read 15-20 paragraphs each time one of those wretched international match-days came around?

Yeah, actually, I would - if they were more informative than the ones now. It would certainly be easier than clicking through to each of the match reports!

The thing I wouldn't want to see is 15-20 *messages*, one for each player .. I like the "capsule form" currently, even if it had the potential to get very long.

I totally agree with you on this. It's an excellent idea, i get really annoyed with these international breaks but this would give you more information on your players performances with other managers so you can see more of their strengths and weaknesses and even pick up on something your missing, maybe you were using a terrific exploiter of the long ball in a role that sees them pass it short. More in depth international reports would be a terrific addition. I'm sure in real life managers pay great attention to their players international careers so why not add the realism to the game. Great idea that i hope to see implemented.

Archived