International Help

Footiecrazy:

First steps will be somewhat similar to taking over a club.

1. Identify your squad. Be sure to use "Player Search" to identify players you want in your National Pool the first time, for many nations there are capped players who can contribute who are not part of the Pool. Also take the time to trim out of the Pool players you hope you never have to use. No sense sorting through them every time - you can always go use "Player Search" to find a left-back, if you have an injury crisis.

2. Hire some coaches. Odds are you don't have many. Use Staff Search. I like to use my coaches to keep tabs on my players, so Judging Current Ability and Judging Potential Ability are more important than they are for a club coach.

3. Set up some friendlies. Use "Arrange Friendly" and fill out every single eligible space over the next two years. I suggest for the first couple of games, give yourself winnable home games, just to get the swing of things .. but you'll also want to schedule some tough away games so that you can work on your defensive tactics before you run across Brazil in a World Cup match. :D

4. Set up your Preferences for the national team, for example, you can decide whether or not you want to control the Under-21 side. (You may have to fire an U-21 Manager to do so). I like to do this, so that I get familiar with the young players in my national set-up and can ensure that I don't wind up battling for control of certain players with my U-21 manager. :D

5. Once you have some Coaches hired, set them to observe specific Competitions. You'll get player reports for the players who participate, so for example if you are England and you have six coaches, you might want to have coaches watching the Premier League, the Champions League, the UEFA Cup, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, and the German Bundesliga ... or you might decide you have more of a domestic focus and you want to watch the E.P.L, the England Reserves, the England Under-18s, and the F.A. Cup .. as well as the Champions League and La Liga. Notice that they will give you reports about the players in your National Pool .. but not stellar England-eligible players who are not in your National Pool. So you can't rely on them to, five years down the line, be brining your attention to the hottest young regens who are England-eligible.

6. Hit Continue a lot until your first match. ;)

7. After a month or two has gone by, identify any of your key players who aren't getting playing time - e.g., Javier Saviola for Argentina - and use Player Interaction to tell them they need to get first-team action.

Archived