what do you do with want away player???

its jan in 2nd season. im top of the league with Ipswich and going well..

Half of my team is wanted bids are coming in left right and centre, unfortunately they all want to disscuss terms with the teams bidding. finding quality to replace what i have seems hard, but at the mo im giving in and buying alot of frogin players.

what would you guys do or recomend?

If the players in question are on long contracts i would reject the bids and hope the player forgets why he was unhappy but if the player only has a year or two left then i would accept the largest bid because if he gets unhappy and he ends up leaving on a free you will regret not selling when you had the chance. Thats what i do anyway.

depends on the player, position etc etc.

Most likely, if hes a first team star, I'll play him until his contract runs out, in hope that he'll accept a new deal eventually. Failing that, I'd sell him for as much as possible, with the transfer set to "end of season" so I've got enough time to find, and blood a new player into the team.

What i normally do is just ignore the players words and what they want to do until the end of the season then i deal with all transfers and complaints off players. This way if a offer comes in for a player in January and i do want to sell them i know roughly what fee to sell them at Seasons end.

For me this works wonders players who see a "better club" halfway through the season see that they are at a better club when the seasons finished.

u shud praise them it makes them happy or if needs must jst offer them to the clubs wantin them on loan then wen they cum bak they are happy ;)

usually have a fair few youngsters that could take their place, so if they get disgruntled, i transfer list em, offer em out at the price i want to sell them for, and start bringing the new blood through. i tend to get the hump with my players rather easily though, i transfer listed me right back because he refused to act as a tutor for a younger player! :rolleyes:

but are your performances suffering, or are you still playin ok?? if so, then there's nothing to worry about, they will gradually bed into the team, and the understanding will develop

i went 7 games with out a win.. let 9 goals in from 4 games. i did have the best defence in the league by miles. still the best but not as good. have managed to win 2 games back to back now tho so hopfully will stand me in good stead..

i lost Garvan, Demerit my captain and 20 goals in 25 games all from corners, i lost kisnarbo so imo i lost my spine of the team.

im relying on Haynes, Tyson, Counago and walters to score up front and to be fair they are prity naff at hitting back of the net. However my new Cb all 6ft 4" of him has now scored 3 goals from corners so soon as he can speak English may be things will get better. im 5 points off automatic promotion to the prem now, chasing down Sunderland and Middlesbrough, i played them both in my bad run and got a 3-3 and a 1-1 coming from behing in both games. the anoying thing is i was at home

Its one of the things that FM does do well regarding transfers: Overachieving is punished!

In my experience this is hardest during the first winter after playing in the Champions League or Uefa with a small team. Your players think they are the greatest, then look at the ramshackle outbuilding you call a stadium and start booking flights.

Who can blame them?

But it does get better the more seasons you have success. The moronic players start to realize that they don't have to leave to enjoy success, and focus once again turns toward your club, rather than your personnel as the cause.

If you have some players that you really want to keep through this first blitz, keep them under-performing for a little while, sign them to long contracts, raise their asking price to 50x their value, and when the storm of transfer requests is over and you pick up the pieces, they just might still be there, smirking at your cleverness from the bench!

i asked for a fee to be raised and the player got unhappy he wasnt alowed disscuss terms. i sold this player to boro who are my promotion rivals and hes warming the subs bench for them. he would of got player of year had he stayed with me.

Archived