CA and PA question

Just a quick question.

I have seen people talking about CA and PA in numbers (i.e 200/300) or watever but whenever I look at coach/scout reports I only see a number of gold/silver stars. Am I missing something here or is there a certain way to work out a number of CA/PA?

Just a quick question.

I have seen people talking about CA and PA in numbers (i.e 200/300) or watever but whenever I look at coach/scout reports I only see a number of gold/silver stars. Am I missing something here or is there a certain way to work out a number of CA/PA?

You can only find CA/PA be either:

a/ Using the editor to look at players before a game

or

b/ Downloading some third party software - something like FMM or genie scout or whatever.

The stars are a reflection of the players quality RELATIVE to the league and his competition in the team - as such they aren't much use in finding out CA.

FM Scout can be used to see the current CA and PA in any off your saves, but this is seen as cheating by some people and i think it takes the fun out of your game,

Just google search fmscout if you want it

The editor is made by SI and comes with the game, you should be able to access in the sports interactive section (same place as the game itself) after clicking on start. There are third party pieces of software (not made by SI) which allow you to see the CA/PA in the game, you have to download them. As Ched said, look in the Editors forum.

An editor comes with the game. You can find it in My Computer/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 and it should be there i believe. But if you want genie scout or FM Modifier you should try the editors forum on how to download them.

Hope this helps.

Actually sorry- I got to my football manager 2008 file but all thats in it is:

-db

-games

-matches

-schedules

-skins

-sounds

-tactics.

Not a lot about editing. Sorry to sound like such a newbie but I do know quite a lot about the game, just never been down the editing route.

Like i said earlier if you go to My Computer/C drive(or whichever you installed FM on)/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 and then the data editor should be there. If it isn't there then you may need to reinstall FM.

Press the Windows key and R, and in the box that comes up type C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data editor.exe (assuming you installed to the default directory). This will bring up the data editor.

Archived