My Skins Are Not Coming Up On My Preferences Screen?!

GeorgeCOYR

I have done everything right when downloading the skins. i put them in: my docs-sports interactive-Football manager-skins. And when i go to use them they are not coming up. The only ones that come up are the ones i downloaded months ago.

Anyone else had this problem?

How can i fix this?

I'm presuming you've unzipped/unrar-ed the files you've downloaded as you say you have skins installed already so know the process. Sounds like your current graphics are cached if your old ones work and your new ones don't.

Untick 'use skin cache' in preferences. Tick 'always reload on confirm'. Click confirm.

It's a problem that happens a lot but there is always a cause somewhere, it's not a game issue. There must be a step you're missing out - a folder in the wrong place or something like that. If you've got skins working right in the past then it seems strange that you can't now. You must be doing something differently. Check the little things - there was one bloke on here for instance that had followed instructions to a tee only he had ticked 'use skin cache' rather than UN-ticking it.

Be sure the skin you downloaded is made for FM08 and that you're patched fully (8.0.2). FM07 skins will not work with FM08 and some skins might have 8.0.2 as a minimum version within their settings.

Try downloading a different skin too - see if that works and make sure they are installed exactly as your old ones. You could as a last resort try clearing your cache folders:

Go to the location that corresponds with your OS (you may need to 'show hidden files and folders' by opening 'folder options' in Windows control panel)

* Win 2K/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\

* Win 98/ME: C:\Windows\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\

* Mac OS X : /Users/<username/Library/Caches/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Cache/

* Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\cache\english

Delete all the SKC files then restart FM. You shouldn't need to do this if you're un-ticking skin cache and have 'always reload on confirm' ticked but as a last resort it might get things started.

Archived