Why can I only offer 62k a week?

I am managing Shakhtar and I am currently 500k under my weekly wage budget but can only offer 62k a week is there any way I can make it so I can offer more of a weekly wage last season I could offer 120k a week and I was spending more on wages that season than this. This is weird.

They said they believe the wages are high enough to attract the players needed to succeed. Robinhos contract is running out and they will not let me offer more than 62k a week. Even though in the finance in confidence it says they hope my prudence with the wage budget is not stopping us getting the players we can. What a load of crap its them that is stopping it lol.

I may be wrong, but I've gotten the impression that wage limits are somehow tied to the average wages at the club. When I got rid of my whole youth team, my limits went up significantly.

Now, the thing is, it may be linked also within squad status so that if you have lots of 'key players' on low wages, the average wage will also be low, and hence, the maximum will be low. This is one reason to keep the category of 'key player' for only a few of your squad. Pay them huge amounts and this may increase your maximum for any new 'key player'.

Again, I'm only speculating on some limited experience, but it wouldn't hurt to try an experiment on your team and reload if it doesn't work out.

Archived