Player Interaction.... And why it sucks

Afternoon all. I'm going to put here my personal take on what's wrong with player interaction from one example and I'd like you to add you own examples / experiences / comments and maybe SI can still do something about it in time for SI.

I was playing a network game with a mate of mine last night, he was Liverpool, I'm West Ham.

After signing a few players, he finds himself with £2½ million left over so he has a cheeky bid on Dean Ashton. Now I rate Deano, so does the game who has him as West Ham's best striker (and rightfully so) so although he was worth £5m (at the age of 23), from other interest, I put his price on at £25m.

My mate made his bid, I rejected it and Dean got the hump because he should have been allowed to talk to Liverpool and has spent the rest of the season with a Sit next to his name.

As part of player interaction, I'd like to be able to explain to him why I didn't sell him, even if it's just got the regular 5 options (the offer was a joke, I want to build the team around you etc. etc.) but instead I have to deal with this unhappy player for no good reason.

Yeah i'd like the ability to explain to a player why i didn't sell him. It happened to me last night, i recieved several offers from the 'big' clubs (Madrid, Milan, Barcelona etc...) in the region of around £10mil for one of my best players, Jeremy Toulalan (im playing as Lyon). Now when i looked at the offers to see exactly what i was getting, it said Toulalan wants to speak to 'X' club, but the offer was so poor i had to reject now he's gone on the turn and doesn't want to play for the club. :mad:

Even if SI were to implement a system where i could say to 'X' player "If the club were to come back with a better offer i would consider it" it ould make the whole game better imo.

Thats a cool idea Steve, i'd like to see that too. I hope options like that will be available in FM 09, but I reckon Si might have already got 75% of the game done, seeing as it's likely to be released around end of October then they have probably decided which features will be there. You never know though, hopefully this kind of feature will already have been included!

It is possibly one of the most irritating and unrealistic parts of the game. I had a 5 million pound offer for Jimenez which I negotiated (50% of his next fee was going to Ternana) and he pulled a massive strop that I was unable to tend to.

To the O.P. - this has been an issue for a long while .. a lot of online games people agree to include a couple of house rules, and "No unsettling each others players" is the most common, along with "No unsolicited bids for each others' players"

It might almost be worth it to have SI include an option for the host to set it up so that the game enforces it, instead of the players' honour.

Yeah i'd like the ability to explain to a player why i didn't sell him... (snip)

Even if SI were to implement a system where i could say to 'X' player "If the club were to come back with a better offer i would consider it" it ould make the whole game better imo.

(emphasis added)

Wholeheartedly agree!

Alternately, or additionally, the player could AI could be improved so that he *recognizes* a low-ball offer and states how insulted he is, because he's sure that he's worth more than that.

*snip* the player could AI could be improved so that he *recognizes* a low-ball offer and states how insulted he is, because he's sure that he's worth more than that.

Now that is an idea I'd like to see implemented!

Archived