Players who need to "further their careers"

Okay so I started a season with HSV, and majorly overachieved winning the German Division in my first season, and yet Van der Vaart (anyone else he reacts badly to EVERYTHING?!) and Kompany both feel they need to leave to find a bigger club. How am I not matching their ambitions? It's sometimes such pain in the arse to try and build a squad without changing your best personel. Basicly what they are saying is that they want a club that challenges for the Champions League presumably, but I bet if they got an offer off a smaller club they would happily accept?

Praise them for good form so you can gain a place on their favourite personell list and that way not leave the club

Not entirely true, although it probably helps a bit - but if the club is on their favourite team list, it reduces the problem a lot. Obviously, it's not something you can force though.

You can of course, just ignore the problem and hope it goes away, if they're not performing them maybe sell them, but you really don't need to just because they say they're unhappy. Don't always give into them, if they're under contract, they're your 'slaves' - just ask Sepp Blatter.

I've been promoted with Hoffenheim, had myself as favored personnel by just about everyone and even my backups think they need to move on lol. Marvin Angulo wanted to leave 5 months after I bought him when he was averaging a 6.7 for me too.

my best players wich play in champions leauge and in 1st place all sesons wants to leave for arsenal wich doesent even play for eurocups.

some teams have to good rep and weak teams with succes change to slow to good .

The best piece of advice I can give is to heavily praise when either has a good performance and encourage to do better and tell them you have faith in them on a bad performance. Try not to critisise them if you can help it, it'll only make things worse.

Despite you winning the title, there are still loads of clubs that are in a much better situation than yourself. The ones that are winning/competing in the Champions League every year are the ones your players want to play for.

There's not much you can do until you're regularly competing in the latter rounds of the big competitions but if you do what I mentioned in the first paragraph then that'll hopefully ease your issue for a while and give you more time to acheive success.

Archived