new neat features?

hi guys

what do you all think of these features which i would like to see in future versions(possibly 09?) :

* when refusing an offer for a player because a club offers x over 24 months you have an option to say you want it all up front - this way you only receive offers with all the money up front

* when deciding on a young player to pair with a more experienced player maybe an option to ask the player first who he thinks would benefit him the most - thus lessening the chance of him getting annoyed at you for picking an unsuitable player

* expand the staff roles a bit - have a chief scout who is your main man and beneath him regular scouts, also club doctors sports therapists etc as well as just physios, would also like to see coaching improved in this way - i.e. different types of coach as at the moment there are only a few types of coach - would be good to get different roles ie liverpool with angel valis as head of technical analysis etc (technical coach doesnt cut the mustard these days - should be broken down further set piece coaches etc)

* player career history - i hate how only the player's league games count for this whereas you look at all the stats in match programmes, official websites etc and they all contain all the competetive games the player played in. would like to see this fixed!

cheers

Iain

hi guys

what do you all think of these features which i would like to see in future versions(possibly 09?) :

* when refusing an offer for a player because a club offers x over 24 months you have an option to say you want it all up front - this way you only receive offers with all the money up front

* when deciding on a young player to pair with a more experienced player maybe an option to ask the player first who he thinks would benefit him the most - thus lessening the chance of him getting annoyed at you for picking an unsuitable player

* expand the staff roles a bit - have a chief scout who is your main man and beneath him regular scouts, also club doctors sports therapists etc as well as just physios, would also like to see coaching improved in this way - i.e. different types of coach as at the moment there are only a few types of coach - would be good to get different roles ie liverpool with angel valis as head of technical analysis etc (technical coach doesnt cut the mustard these days - should be broken down further set piece coaches etc)

* player career history - i hate how only the player's league games count for this whereas you look at all the stats in match programmes, official websites etc and they all contain all the competetive games the player played in. would like to see this fixed!

cheers

Iain

all are very good and things that I would like to see

hi guys * player career history - i hate how only the player's league games count for this whereas you look at all the stats in match programmes, official websites etc and they all contain all the competetive games the player played in. would like to see this fixed!

This really gets my goat at the mo, and defo needs to be fixed or alternatively give me the option to just include all competitive games from the beginning of the game.

I like this one the most as I do like money upfront :D and hate all the funny offers I get

was also thinking of an option to react to the fans reaction - ie the fans say they are disappointed with liverpool's 2-0 win at accrington stanley they expected more goals etc, well you could respond to that by saying it was a youth side you put out to face a lower league opposition and the fans shouldnt get on their back as much.

also when a player is angry at being substituted you should be able to confront him and talk to him to explain why you took him off - ie he was on a booking , you wanted to give your 16 year old wonderkid a shot etc.

I would like to see the training done better.

You could set a rota for training different areas on different days. Also have an instruction on what you do the day after matches or day before matches.

As now you just set training. But because of the intensity you may miss out training an area you would like to cover. But you could simply do it on another day if it was organised like this

yeah i think more user control over the whole youth set up - i mean at my club IRL partick thistle ian mccall came in as manager and told the fans he was restructuring the youth - and its proving a big success we've already had 4 players from our youth team become first teamers this year. that would be an amazing option to be able to work with the academys more.

agree on the training too - just seems like you set a schedule and thats that - they had it quite good with the 5aside etc but just didnt set it out properly for ease of use - it was good to use all the different activities but to be honest it wasnt implemented well at all.

as for the screenie it should have been 21 games as non competetive games shouldnt could anyways as thats friendlies and the like.

But still that should say 25, because he has clearly played 25 overall games

No, non-competitive games shouldn't count.

Plus, you should be able to make a training schedeul, like:

11.00am 5-a-side match

11.30am penalty training

12.00pm Passing drills

Yeah love the ideas Trigger, also like the ideas of training camps (particulary for international management as currently there is no training associated with the national teams :confused:

Would also love the option to be able to scout individual clubs (scouts go to look at one player, why cant they also look at his tam mates at the same time???) - this is something i added to the Wishlist thread :)

I agree that it should show all the competitive games in the history page or at least have the option to have it that way either in preferences or preferably using filters.

I also think there should be a head/chief scout so i'm liking these ideas.

Lets hope you wont need to repeat them this time next year:)

Would also love the option to be able to scout individual clubs (scouts go to look at one player, why cant they also look at his tam mates at the same time???) - this is something i added to the Wishlist thread :)

It used to. You could send your scout to watch a player and he would also give a report about any players he was impressed by.

Youth academies in other countries would be good, you could get a message like:

"The y(club) representitives at the youth academy in India have informed you that three players have made the cut and have been added to your youth team".

You could tell the chief scout the regions you wish to scout and he then delegates these roles to your other scouts to save you time. You could ask him to personally scout any players recomended by other scouts.

When promoted agents approach you with players desperate to play prem football as would happen in real life

Championship clubs could approach you before season asking you to offer them any loan players and if you create a relationship you could form an official bond.

Much cheaper transfer fees and considering lower offers when players are in the last year of their contract

Players threatening to buy out their contract

No, non-competitive games shouldn't count.

Plus, you should be able to make a training schedeul, like:

11.00am 5-a-side match

11.30am penalty training

12.00pm Passing drills

I think a blend of this and the new format would work well. So you could choose one or the other. Back when it was solely scheduling, it could get a bit annoying.

I like this one the most as I do like money upfront :D and hate all the funny offers I get

You already can do this. When you get an offer for a player and the offer is as noted above, all you do is remove the 24 month option and then renegotiate the offer to watever amount you want.

Archived