AI not listening to your asking prices

I'm Atletico Madrid and I had a great first season. Obviously, two of my best performing players, Maxi Rodriguez and Pablo (surprisingly and thankfully not Aguero) have been garnering all kinds of interests from the usual suspects (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Big 4, Bayern, Milans, Juve). I set a, what I consider, fair asking price for Rodriguez at $50 million and $35 million for Pablo.

For whatever reason, the AI clubs seem to think this means that they can just big $30 million over and over again for Rodriguez and $20 million for Pablo. These prices aren't that bad, but consider that I cannot really replace them with anyone because of the crazy transfer prices. I was going to replace Rodriguez with Rosina and call it a day but Rosina cost upwards of $55 million and I'm in a bad need for money so I can't just accept the AI bids. Also consider that these two players both are coming off of tremendous seasons which has seen their value skyrocket yet I'm still receiving the same bids for them as I did before the first season... which doesn't make any sense at all. If a players value doubles, shouldn't the asking price?

This wouldn't be a problem if it had no effect. Rodriguez, my captain, shrugged off the first few rejected bids but is now unhappy after I rejected the 5th $30 million bid from Real Madrid. Pablo became unhappy at the first rejected bid from Valencia.

So this leads me to identify a few issues:

1. Why do these players want to move? I won La Liga, the team morale WAS (it isn't now) fantastic, and they were paid pretty well.

2. What the christ Real Madrid!!?!??! I wouldn't sell anyone to you anyway and I've already changed your hourly $30 million to my asking price and hit OK. Apparently, it's not OK and you bid your exact same stupid $30 million the next day. Who in the name of Sergio Ramos do I have to throttle to get your stupid royal brains to understand that you can't just bid under my asking price.

3. Why does the AI think they can underpay for my players? For reference, Real Madrid (how are they so rich?) just paid $35 million for JOHNNY EVANS who barely played the first season, how can Rodriguez be valued as less then him?

4. Why do my players fall for this? Why was Rodriguez not unhappy the first $30 million bid from Real Madrid was rejected but suddenly unhappy when the second one was?

Honestly, SI, this is ridiculous. Asking prices should mean something or they should not exist.

I'm pretty sure Martin O'Neill would agree, but that doesn't mean Liverpool will stump up the £18m Villa are asking for Barry.

If you are looking for asking price to always be met, you are off your rocker.

Asking prices do mean something, but if they are assessed as too high you'll just get bids under that amount in the hope it'll unsettle your players and force you to sell. Entirely realistic.

Its not realistic that Jonny Evans moves for $35 million yet teams are not willing to pay that for his players who had better seasons, have better ability and probably better potential. The thing that annoys me is the transfer prices are totally unrealistic in the first place I mean on my game Michael Johnson just moved to Newcastle in season 2 for £25 million that would never happen IRL. Also I often see the same players move for around the same price like Mutu. If I am the team they play for I can never get that much for them. Very strange, transfer market needs to be improved for FM09 in my opinion.

Somthing i always see is players moving to big teams for enormous transfer fees and never being played like Fred went to Barcelona for £35mill and played 25 times in 2 seasons with no injury problems and another annoying thing is that every new game i start arsenal always spend £37mill on Joaquin. Yeah and i was Atletico once and teams bidding way under my asking price. i wanted £25mill for maxi rodriguez and garay because they had brilliant seasons and they value was around £17mill they were offerin £16mill all the time and they become unhappy and even angry it really needs to be sorted.

I'm pretty sure Martin O'Neill would agree, but that doesn't mean Liverpool will stump up the £18m Villa are asking for Barry.

But the key difference is that liverpool didn't just keep bidding the same amount over and over and over... They actually tried to make their offer approach the villa valuation.

In FM:

AI club - Bids £10m

User - "I'd like £20m"

AI club - rejects

waits 3 days

AI club - Bids £10m

User - "cunningly i'd still like £20m"

AI club - Rejects

waits 3 days

AI club - Bids £10m

etc etc etc

I don't expect the AI to be governed by my valuation of players, but i would like for them to show some inclination of raising their bid TOWARDS my valuation. This IMO is the single biggest issue i have with negotiation.

I agree this is so anoying, on the other hand it is very easy and unrealistic if your a small rep club. to buy hundreds of young potentiol player, say 10 strikers under 18. youll never keep that many happy but nothing stops us from buying them. when there rep goes up we sell them for a huge profit, then go splash th cash on an older developed player.

thats unrealistic but so many people do it as a way of making money.

Its not realistic that Jonny Evans moves for $35 million yet teams are not willing to pay that for his players who had better seasons, have better ability and probably better potential. The thing that annoys me is the transfer prices are totally unrealistic in the first place I mean on my game Michael Johnson just moved to Newcastle in season 2 for £25 million that would never happen IRL. Also I often see the same players move for around the same price like Mutu. If I am the team they play for I can never get that much for them. Very strange, transfer market needs to be improved for FM09 in my opinion.

Undoubtedly, but that wasn't the point the original poster was really making. He was just complaining that the AI didn't come back and offer what he was asking, or bog off.

But the key difference is that liverpool didn't just keep bidding the same amount over and over and over... They actually tried to make their offer approach the villa valuation.

In FM:

AI club - Bids £10m

User - "I'd like £20m"

AI club - rejects

waits 3 days

AI club - Bids £10m

AI club - Rejects

waits 3 days

AI club - Bids £10m

etc etc etc

I don't expect the AI to be governed by my valuation of players, but i would like for them to show some inclination of raising their bid TOWARDS my valuation. This IMO is the single biggest issue i have with negotiation.

Agree 100%, as I have posted on extensively in the past.

i agree with this. call me crazy but i enjoy the transfer windows more than the actual season :D i just love buyinh and selling players eeing if i can attract the world super-stars and sell the useless one leg ponys. i hope they make the transfer system a whole lot better in 09

In FM:

AI club - Bids £10m

User - "I'd like £20m"

AI club - rejects

waits 3 days

AI club - Bids £10m

AI club - Rejects

waits 3 days

AI club - Bids £10m

etc etc etc

You'll be happy to get them to wait a whole three days. As you can see here I get daily offers for a player from the same club, it's always the exact same offer as well. I've started to truly dread the transfer windows now, as it's coming more and more of a pain in each new version and SI in fact seem to have decided to do everything possible to make it as frustrating and irritating as it can get.

is that estonian really so good?

Do you mean in the game or IRL? In the game he's a top Championship player. IRL he'll most likely never make it abroad. His twin brother Sander however is strongly linked with Borussia Dortmund and probably has the talent to play for some mediocre team in a decent European league one day.

yes, i heard smth about kotenko moving clubs but wasn't sure so added ''at least was few monhts ago.'' i remember that he played in watford.

poom? yes, saw him in riga in baltic cup. (latvians kicked everyone's a*** of course :p) wasn't bad.

yes, i heard smth about kotenko moving clubs but wasn't sure so added ''at least was few monhts ago.'' i remember that he played in watford.

poom? yes, saw him in riga in baltic cup. (latvians kicked everyone's a*** of course :p) wasn't bad.

No, you got things severely messed up. Kotenko has never played for Watford or any other decent club for that matter. He joined that Norwegian team whose name I can't recall from an Estonian club, Levadia. Mart Poom played 6 years for Derby, playing most of his time there while they were in the Premier League (in his time there he also managed to save penalties from both Teddy Sheringham and Paul Scholes :D). He then moved on to Sunderland and while playing in the Championship he scored an equaliser for them in injury time... against Derby. Cue his nickname - the Poominator. He also spent two years at Arsenal, playing for their reserves. So you can say that yeah, he wasn't that bad :) And he's the one that's at Watford.

But enough of OT here.

iv got a CB doing really well at the moment, there are teams interested in his services. his value is 2.5 million, Rangers bid 3.5 mill and i ask for 7.5 upfront which they decline. the player becomes unhappy. there are still many other clubs after his services, i deside to offer him for 7.5 mill. what i doen was put 2.5 upfront, 2.5 over 12 months and 2.5 after 10 league apperances with a 10% sell on clause. total value of transfer is 9 million.

i get to offers for what im asking so im gonna sell him.

Are the people who keep getting bids of the same amount clicking on 'the offer is unacceptable'? Also, have u set the asking price in the players transfer page?

A bit obvious i know but worth mentioning just in case.

I don't understand "the offer is unacceptable" part. I never reject an offer, always renegotiate bcause, I find, the players are less likely to be unhappy.

And yes, I set the asking price in the transfer page.

Archived