Team Credit

I find that saying things like 'well done' after each mach will stop this 'not giving the team enough credit' thing from happening. I think you should do this even if you have your assistant doing the team talks.

You probably used the team talk

"I want you to play like this in every match"

yep thought the same thing

i used it once and they wanted me to give them more credit

havent used it since then

i thought '' play like this every match''

was kinda encouraging

but i think it is more of a ''telling of''

like ''why the hell cant you play like this all the time!''

Yeah its a bit stupid, my ass man always tells me to say that after a game but ofcourse I never listen to him. When he takes charge of my friendlies though my players come and complain to be saying Im not giving them enough credit. Dam Im off scouting for players while my ass man controls the game, dont blame me that you cant take some flack.

Team Credit is definitely all about team talks, and I can't imagine letting my Assistant do them even for a friendly.

"Why can't you play like this every game" has a very good use - gave it to my players after a ten-games-without-a-win slump, and they haven't lost since. :cool:

But yes, its definitely a "Why the heck can't you play like this all the time?" response,not a "Well done" or an "Encourage".

One thing to note is that your players *do* expect some praise for good first-half performances. We all know its dangerous to say "Pleased" at halftime, but you do need to pick and choose your spots to do it. Try it when you think the team is performing well beyond expectations: a relegation struggler holding Chelsea nil-nil through halftime, or Man U three goals to the good over Liverpool, etc. I also tend to give individual "Pleased" talks to anybody on an 8 at halftime, regardless of the rest of my team-talk.

Use "Good effort" when you feel like the team played well but lost, especially if they lost to a better team.

Other than that .. heck, go read Wolfsong's guide to team talks in the tactics forum. ;)

Archived