Player videos sent to you by agents

i occasionally get a message saying "player x's agent has called you to offer the services of his client. this is dependant ona bid bein accepted by his club." but thats about it...

came across it before. Only if you're very interested in the player, and the player wants to leave, and he's transfer listed, then if you don't do anything, the agent will offer his player to you. It's rare i've only had it like 2 times.

came across it before. Only if you're very interested in the player, and the player wants to leave, and he's transfer listed, then if you don't do anything, the agent will offer his player to you. It's rare i've only had it like 2 times.

You mean something like this?

It's not the same thing though. You used to get sent videos of random players who were looking for a better club. Which happens quite often IRL.

It's not the same thing though. You used to get sent videos of random players who were looking for a better club. Which happens quite often IRL.

I guess thats what he means as i certainly have never seen that before. would be a very nice feature if it worked a bit more consistently or in my case ever lol.

Yes that's what I meant. Being sent videos was quite common in an earlier version, in fact it was even heralded as a big feature.

Guest roberto922

I was offered players nearly every day during my first transfer window as manager of Hradec Kralove in the Czech Republic, I've been offered a few as manager of AFC Wimbledon as well, maybe it only occurs with low league teams?

its not being offered players the op was talking about. in fm07 (i think) you could sometimes be sent a video of a player scoring a great goal in a previous game, or of him scorin a hat-trick, or something similar. there would be a message with it saying if you were impressed, you were encouraged to make an offer... they key part being.. atm its the CLUBS who offer the players out, whereas this was done by the agents....

its not being offered players the op was talking about. in fm07 (i think) you could sometimes be sent a video of a player scoring a great goal in a previous game, or of him scorin a hat-trick, or something similar. there would be a message with it saying if you were impressed, you were encouraged to make an offer... they key part being.. atm its the CLUBS who offer the players out, whereas this was done by the agents....

that's exactly what I was talking about (and didn't explain very well). I seem to remember this feature made its debut earlier than FM07 and it used to occur on a fairly regular basis.

It was taken out as it was a poorly implemented feature.

You see a player scoring a goal. So what? Are you going to buy a player on the basis of that? It should be a few clips of doing outstanding things. Not just scoring. However, since we only have a 2d match engine, you can't really tell the quality of tackling etc. So redundant in the current versions of FM.

Also, we used to get videos sent to us of rubbish players too often. It was relatively easy to code in, so was added (took two weeks apparently), but really detracted from the overall quality of FM.

Archived