Playing with Man Utd and on 8th season...youngsters no where near good for my team

I'm currently on my 8th season, I am unable to find any young players aged 15-21 who are good to play for my team, i'm talking about the regens here...they all are bad except maybe 3-4 players, i'm not exaggerating when I say 3-4 players because thats what it is. At the moment I have players like Messi, Guardado, Michael Johnson, Sakho, Sankhare, Bojan, Pato, how am I going to replace them if the regens are no where near as good to play for my team, the best scout 19 CA 19 PA says every player is decent signing or below, the only good positon players are goalkeepers, what about the rest of the positions? Anyone feel this is wierd?

Yes this as been a problem for ages and Si never fix it. Hopefully FM 09 patch 3 will fix this problem.

I do feel the game is unplayable once you hit like season 10 because of this, its a major let down

I do feel the game is unplayable once you hit like season 10 because of this, its a major let down

Well there's no doubt that there is a problem, however i'm comfortably playing in 2030, mainly because the drop in quality affects all teams equally, hence the game just becomes a little easier. It is still quite playable imo.

But i will be much happier when it's fixed :D

That's what the coach report says anyway. You will be very lucky if it works out like that. People have done tests with FM scout and they will tell you how much the game suffers after ten years etc.

I'm only in my second season with Liverpool (8.0.2) and I already have a regen who has the potential to be better than Torres.

PA is not the problem - there are plenty of players with high PAs - however, they start off with CAs that are too low, their physical stats don't develop well that often, their stats don't always reflect their positions (find a CB with >15 jumping in 2020...) and any 2-footed player is utterly hopeless.

this is probably only a problem with big teams though tbh. if you're arubbish team, it won't have much impact. besides, as Man Utd are 'one of the biggest teams in the world' and you've had great success, fantastic players to improve on what you have already is going to be tough to achieve.....

this is probably only a problem with big teams though tbh. if you're arubbish team, it won't have much impact. besides, as Man Utd are 'one of the biggest teams in the world' and you've had great success, fantastic players to improve on what you have already is going to be tough to achieve.....

Yeah i've won the league 6 season in a row now and CL 3 times in 7 seasons, I have the best team in the game but i'm scared that 3-5 more seasons and i'll be falling backwards squad ability and depth

In my experience, the scouts assess players relative to the ones you already have (ie it is subjective) therefore a decent player is around the same or slightly lower ability as that to whom he is being compared (with good player being around the same or slightly better), so a player with the potential to be around as good as the players you mentioned originally is pretty useful! Whereas a lower club's scouts would probably rate them higher...

Is it not just that you have some excellent players already?

I have players like Messi, Guardado, Michael Johnson, Sakho, Sankhare, Bojan, Pato

So your buying young players with PA's of 180+ and consequently CA's of 180+ as well and wondering why you are struggling to replace them.

Funnily enough 180+ CA/PA players dont grow on trees and shouldnt be readily available

176 found in player search screen in my game, year 2044.

In my current save (with 10 nations loaded) there were the grand total of 6.

My next challenge - a GK with >15 jumping AND >15 agility - in my current save the grand total of 1.

To be fair, I'm in my third season as Man. United and none of the real-life youngsters look like they'll be good enough for me. And I include Fraizer Campbell, Febian Brandy, Jonny Evans, Danny Welbeck and plenty more. None of them have ever convinced me they will make it in my team. But maybe I just have ridiculously high standards.

In my experience, the scouts assess players relative to the ones you already have (ie it is subjective) therefore a decent player is around the same or slightly lower ability as that to whom he is being compared (with good player being around the same or slightly better), so a player with the potential to be around as good as the players you mentioned originally is pretty useful! Whereas a lower club's scouts would probably rate them higher...

No, they changed it for FM2008. Now the scouts compare the players to the standard of the league you're in. A player with potential to be a good Premiership striker might not become as good as Bojan but the player will still get 4 stars (at least in my games).

Archived