Different views?? Makes game easier??!!!

i usually play with key highlights, i use middlesbrough. recently ive been very frustrated whenever i meet the BIG 4,, they would just give me a beating!! every single time. so i started switching to only commentary to speed up the game...i also sped up the speed to the fullest. well a couple of games ago i was playing chelsea, and i was down by 2 in the first half..soo i sped it up...next thing i know i came back and beat them 4-2...next game i played tottenham,and beat them also 2-mil!!! both of these games were on the road!!! i already suspected the difference before these 2 last games, but i was wondering if anyone has the same feeling that the game is easier when you play old school style with only the commentary?? without seeing the highlights?? cus this is starting to feel like a glitch....if anyone has any info let me know..also im in my second season so i have schevchenko, and he has been playing fairly average, about 4 goals in the first half of the season, well during that chelsea game, he had a hatrick, this is just weird....and im hoping the developers didn't make such a simple glitch...meaning maybe on the different views the game runs on different engines.

Fraid this is just another one of those FM myths/legends. I'm sure it feels like there are different engines, but there isn't. At one point when I was younger I went through a phase of thinking my team did better if I switched the screen off as the match played through, it's just superstition/your mind playing tricks on you.

i used only commentary for long time, then i turned key highlights for one game and noticed a lot of things to change (my damn AMC can't score because he's attempting 10 long shots per game with attribute 3, my defense leaves too much space behind them etc.)

i used only commentary for long time, then i turned key highlights for one game and noticed a lot of things to change (my damn AMC can't score because he's attempting 10 long shots per game with attribute 3, my defense leaves too much space behind them etc.)

Ah, now that's one of the pitfalls of watching highlights or full match. It isn't that the engine is changed or things have started happening because you've changed view, your AMC would have been doing the same thing when you were running commentary, it's just that you notice it more and it becomes more irritating when you actually see it happening in the highlights.

no, i set his long shots on rarely and through balls on often :)

What's his creative freedom/the team's creative freedom like? If it's at a decent level then he has been given licence to do what he wants and will ignore your instructions not to shoot.

Yeah I do the same as Nomis said.

I hate my AMC being a knob and taking long shots so I set him to rarely long shots, high through balls and no creative freedom. He still shoots far away sometimes but its way better than what he did.

Why this continuing obsession with low CF? If a player is shooting from distance too often, it is because of formation issues that stop him having a pass on, not his CF. At the highest level, lowering CF up front is going to hurt a team!

Why this continuing obsession with low CF? If a player is shooting from distance too often, it is because of formation issues that stop him having a pass on, not his CF. At the highest level, lowering CF up front is going to hurt a team!

Lowering the CF has seemed to work for me and in 2018 I scored 120 goals with Barca despite the low CF, and won all 5 sompetitions entered.

Archived