Money, does it increase in value?

Many yonks ago it was considered big money to spend a thousand on a player, now we have £40million transfers because money has increase in value. But, what I'm asking is, does it increase in value in fm? Like, would a player with Zidane like stats, who was 45m, be worth, say, £100million in 50 years or so on fm?(I'm talking game time)

Just to point out that inflation is of course the effect of money decreasing in value, not increasing. If you coud buy something for 10 quid in 2000 and it costs 15 quid now, it's because each pound is worth less than it was in the past (which happens because there's more money in circulation - check out Zimbabwe if you want to see this in action).

And no, as said, there's no inflation simulated in the game. It would be very hard to do anyway, because inflation in football is driven by many factors, such as TV deals, 'sugar daddy' owners, and so on, not just everyday factors that affect inflation in the ordinary economy.

If you have read this far without falling asleep, cheers.

Just to point out that inflation is of course the effect of money decreasing in value, not increasing. If you coud buy something for 10 quid in 2000 and it costs 15 quid now, it's because each pound is worth less than it was in the past (which happens because there's more money in circulation - check out Zimbabwe if you want to see this in action).

And no, as said, there's no inflation simulated in the game. It would be very hard to do anyway, because inflation in football is driven by many factors, such as TV deals, 'sugar daddy' owners, and so on, not just everyday factors that affect inflation in the ordinary economy.

If you have read this far without falling asleep, cheers.

zzzzzzzzzz'

~Wha What happened?! did i miss much???

Oh wait only two posts.

Back to sleep then

Archived