My Basic Tips To Win at Fm2008.

My tips for Fm2008.

Captain.

Choose a player who has served at least a season with your side. Has good determination as his personality and is over 25 if possible.

Team talks.

Keep it nice. And go with the media flow.

When answering the media pre-match, I normal just say the team shouldn’t be underestimated but we are in great form. Unless I’m a heavy underdog and I’ll go with I just want a good performance.

Pre-match:

Heavily Favoured by media to win = Expect a Win

Slightly Favoured by media to win = You can win this

Evens. Media expect a draw = You can win this

Slightly Underdog = Wish Luck

Highly Underdog = Pressure is off

Half time if winning

- 1 goal margin : encourage

- 2+ goal margin : I use pleased, but try don’t let performance drop.

Half time if losing

- v same level / better team = We can win this

- v lower level team = You want a better performance

Half Time and drawing

- v any team = We can win this

Full Time Ratings.

- Always try and keep your players happy so morale stays fairly high during the season.

Rating 8-10 = Delighted with performance

Rating 6-8 = Well done, pleased or sympathise depending on win/draw or loss

Rating 5 = Disappointed

Rating 1-4 = Give them the hair blower treatment and say you are angry.

Scouting.

Always get a scout with Very good stats first then scout for players under 20. Scouts are much better in fm2008 so keep an eye for players with high star potential, even if their stats don’t look great. Also in the player search page search for players under 20 and list the highest valued players and look for “Wonderkid” in their stats. Get these players!!!!

Six Prem titles and 5 Fa cups in a row says yes!

I'm all with because I did exactly this last year on the 2007 game with a team I created and given myself 100-200m, came 2nd first year and won 5 titles on the trot with champions league won 2 in a row with 2 fa cups and 1 league cup so it worked for me last year. Started wondering about this after I re-created team on 2008 version with same scenario but came 2nd, 3rd and 4th most seasons, currently winning alot under this strategy ;)

Your going into too much detail.

1. Pick 2 big fat DC's, (ideally with a 3rd big fat DC on the bench).

2. Pick a big fat TM, (ideally with another on the bench because this useless, fat, (and probably old), bloke will not last a full 90 minutes.

3. Pick a young quick useless SC to play alongside the big fat useless TM.

4. Select a big fat useless GK and tell him to take all your penalties and all your free-kicks.

5. Sit back and relax as your GK and your DC's outscore the rest of your squad and fire you to success and glory.

I thank you;).

You also need this tactic.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2GEE4G55

Defenders score lots from corners.

You don't need all the team talk stuff if you use the corner cheat. Sorry, "exploit". Take your players off "challenge GK" and see how many FA cups you win.

And yes, I know, it's your game, you can do what you want with it. If all you want to see is you name in lights and your fave team winning everything, congrats. But I'm afraid you lose your bragging rights when you win by exploiting match-engine weaknesses. (by which I mean an instruction that works pretty much EVERY time).

There was a discussion a while ago about whether the corner exploit is really cheating since it's part of the game programming. Main argument to say it wasnt is that the AI's 424 tactic is also an exploit. Personally I haven't found any AI exploit that can't be countered so for me the corner exploit is as much cheating as using FMM to increase your transfer fund or improve players' stats. I've won plenty without it, and my CB still scores (probably) more goals than is realistic... around 8-10 a season, although John Terry did it in real life one season, and I think Gary Pallister use to get more than the average midfielder.

Anyway, good tips, but an ape can win the league using that exploit.

You don't need all the team talk stuff if you use the corner cheat. Sorry, "exploit". Take your players off "challenge GK" and see how many FA cups you win.

And yes, I know, it's your game, you can do what you want with it. If all you want to see is you name in lights and your fave team winning everything, congrats. But I'm afraid you lose your bragging rights when you win by exploiting match-engine weaknesses. (by which I mean an instruction that works pretty much EVERY time).

There was a discussion a while ago about whether the corner exploit is really cheating since it's part of the game programming. Main argument to say it wasnt is that the AI's 424 tactic is also an exploit. Personally I haven't found any AI exploit that can't be countered so for me the corner exploit is as much cheating as using FMM to increase your transfer fund or improve players' stats. I've won plenty without it, and my CB still scores (probably) more goals than is realistic... around 8-10 a season, although John Terry did it in real life one season, and I think Gary Pallister use to get more than the average midfielder.

Anyway, good tips, but an ape can win the league using that exploit.

steve bruce got 19 for united once,i guess fergie knew about the corner exploit back then lol

Neji, tactics deserve to be worried about.

1. Kimz tactic. Incredibly basic. Breaks the AI down due to Farrows and Corner Exploit. Most sliders are set between -3 and 3. (takings the middle as 0)

2. My tactic. Incredibly in depth. I spend a lot of time on player and team instructions, and the slightest error in sliders could be the difference in winning or losing 4-0.

Its confusing as hell. I've read over kimz thread, (not all of it, obviously) to see if I could pick up some tips, as his tactic seems very successful, but theres no tips there, because theres nothing to the tactic except baffling the AI with farrows.

The only thing I learned from Kimz thread is the effect of full back with the DL / DR to DM positions. It works in theory, but the reason he concedes a lot is due to the fact he has nothing in place to stop attacks down the wing.

My biggest tip for FM08 to be successful is this.

Cheat.

Just kidding.

Its to pay a lot of attention to your player instructions.

Agree with Nep, but i'd say the biggest tip to be successful in FM08 is patience. I think I bought FM08 in October or something and all I did was play game after game with different tactics until I felt comfortable to start a career save at the start of January :p

Patience and commitment is the key to FM success.

1. Kimz tactic. Incredibly basic. Breaks the AI down due to Farrows and Corner Exploit. Most sliders are set between -3 and 3. (takings the middle as 0)

2. My tactic. Incredibly in depth. I spend a lot of time on player and team instructions, and the slightest error in sliders could be the difference in winning or losing 4-0.

Its confusing as hell. I've read over kimz thread, (not all of it, obviously) to see if I could pick up some tips, as his tactic seems very successful, but theres no tips there, because theres nothing to the tactic except baffling the AI with farrows.

Some people want to make things complicated. Go ahead and tweak away and pretend you know what you are doing.

Oh, and why is it when someone finds a tactic that works its suddenly cheating. walos.

I have a tactic that work, but i'm not cheating because I don't use the corner cheat to score more goals than realistically possible.

Some people want to make things complicated. Go ahead and tweak away and pretend you know what you are doing.

I don't pretend to know what I'm doing. I play the game to the best of my ability, and I'd say I'm pretty successful. I develop my own tactic based on the knowledge I gather from the T&TT forum, and some other tips in CSE and GD.

Oh, and why is it when someone finds a tactic that works its suddenly cheating. walos.

I never said you were cheating, not did I even comment about your tactic. The simple fact of the matter is, you use the corner exploit, and thats largely why your tactic is successful.

There is no "corner cheat", people.

You're right. Its not a "cheat" - but it does exploit a flaw in the match engine, in the same way have an AMC with a farrow does. Some people come upon these exploits by mistake, and take full advantage of that, but people who purposely incorporate them into their tactic have about as much tactical nous as Sven Goran Eriksson.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my views, but I expect people to respect my views, and if you wish to state that you don't agree with them, please do it in a manner I can be bothered to read. Cheers.

There is no "corner cheat", people.

I've stayed out of this thread until now but can't any longer thanks to this ridiculous statement.

The corner 'exploit' is well known and there's no point denying that it happens. It's unfortunate because your team talk tips are good and are very similar to what I use. But the success of a tactic that uses the corner exploit is skewed as most tactics can be improved drastically by sticking a tall defender on 'challenge GK' and setting your corner delivery to 6 yard box.

There's nothing at all wrong with people using the corner exploit, you can play the game how you like, but any tactic that claims to be successful must be successful without relying on scoring from corners.

I agree to a certain extent, but people place TOO much emphasis on them. I spent around half an hour creating my tactic and have used it for four seasons, I only change it when I play the 'big four'. I went an unbeaten season, and won the premiership with Sheffield Wednesday. Point is, when my players weren't good enough, I didn't win the league. When I spent money and improved my squad, I did - all with the same tactic.

I'm not saying tactics don't matter but there is too much placed upon them currently. In Fm07 that was justified but in 08, it's more realistic in the way that better player will win games. (Not without tactics, of course) :)

have about as much tactical nous as Sven Goran Eriksson.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my views,

Hell no lol Eriksson did wonders for City but then again look at England Blah!.

Exploits are exactly that... a exploit of a game engine.

Bam really needs to understand this and stop thinking he is a savior to all FMers

I once tried the corner cheat and nothing really happened, I hate the idea of it though.

ALL my goals are from two people, both my strikers. Other people are lucky to get a goal, Saivet hogs them all.

I use my owns tatics, fair enough if you want someone elses tatic but try to do it yourself at the start for gods sake. If you watch football and do some reading you should know how to set up your team.

you have faith works extremly well on some strikers

doesnt mather whut moral or mental stats they have, on some it doesnt work at all. try it out and see.

use it before games and in half time.

ecourage is a stronger talk though if u have that avaible pick that one

Serious Question, the Corner Issue (i shall name it as such) we all know about but i have questions

Is it a Match Engine (ME) exploitation or an AI weakness that they cant deal with it, or both the same?

If it is a ME issue then does the AI try to exploit it in the same way on purpose? If so can this be stopped by the human player?

We know about the 4-2-4 which is annoying but we have learnt to conuter act it. If the AI doesnt have the ability to counteract the corners without the ability do the same against us then it is cheating the system

Is it a Match Engine (ME) exploitation or an AI weakness that they cant deal with it, or both the same?

ME problem. The goalkeeper isn't challenging for the ball. Human players can exploit it against each other also in online/hotseat games and there's nothing you can do.

If it is a ME issue then does the AI try to exploit it in the same way on purpose? If so can this be stopped by the human player?

I think SI said that none of their corner templates use it.

Your going into too much detail.

1. Pick 2 big fat DC's, (ideally with a 3rd big fat DC on the bench).

2. Pick a big fat TM, (ideally with another on the bench because this useless, fat, (and probably old), bloke will not last a full 90 minutes.

3. Pick a young quick useless SC to play alongside the big fat useless TM.

4. Select a big fat useless GK and tell him to take all your penalties and all your free-kicks.

5. Sit back and relax as your GK and your DC's outscore the rest of your squad and fire you to success and glory.

I thank you;).

Somethings just never change do they? :cool:

Archived