premiership attendances

im playing as liverpool in the 09/10 season and my attendances just keep dropping despite success over the seasons. i have won the champions league twice. league cup twice. fa cup once community shield once. world club champ once and challenge consistley for the league title (yet to win but came 3rd last season).

why do my attendances keep dropping? im winning competitions. signing big name players. what am i doing wrong?

Guest roberto922

wow, I've gotta admit I'm stumped on this, maybe the flight from Norway to John Lennon Airport broke down? :D

i just cant figure out where im going wrong. i even set a record low attendance not long ago! im signing players like silva, augero, veloso im winning a lot of games and competitions. even my season tickets sales fall every season. what am i doing wrong? what cn i do to get them back to where they should be?

As I can't think of any logical explanation for this, the best help that I can offer you is that you repost this in the Bugs Forum. I ran a quick search there and it doesn't seem there is anything relevant to this (only to non-league sides, but the link is broken). The testing staff may ask you to upload your save game to their FTP, but they will give instructions on how to do so.

i would suggest postin in the bugs forum as, bein a liverpool fan meself, i always manage em, and... the 2nd season, no matter what success, theres always a drop in season ticket sales (or so i find) but after that its not a problem... currently just started 2011/12 season, so into 2nd season at "new anfield" and board already agreed extension of 16,000...

Check your supporters confidence, despite you thinking you are doing well, may be you do things which anoy them, ie signing players they dont like, playing boring football.. may be the population of Liverpool fans dislike you and dont bother to turn up any more. or is it just down to the credit crunch :)

What's your rep and englands (as in the country) rep? In my last save, i had no problem with increasing the avg attendance of chelsea over 20 years - it went up every year i won the league - it could be that you haven't won the prem that is causing this problem.

Similarly, if a spanish team has won the CL every year you didn't win it, then the UKs rep might be low, which may cause a drop in attendances.

Hope this helps.

This happened in a game of mine on FM07 the attendances got terribly low. I think it was just a bug as I didnt do anything really bad, eg. Loose heaps, sell the captain, sell star players, fine too many people....

well the only competition i havent won (3rd is best attempt) is causing the drop? surely 2 consecutive league cups and champions leagues wins wouldnt let that happen? signings like augero and silva?

The league cup gives virtually no rep boost to a top 4 club (ditto charity shield and club world cup) - the CL would, but the main control on rep is league performance, and the main control on attendances is reputation - signings have VERY little affect on attendances - i'm not saying this is realistic, just that it is what it is.

I must say, i'm surprised you haven't won the league - i find the CL much harder to win!

If you download something like FMM (check the editors forum) you can see exactly what your current rep is (i think), and compare it to previous years to see if this is what's happening.

i could try that and thanks for the info ched. i find the champions leage easy to win tbh. its that 38 game strech in the premiership that finishes me! ill do my best to bring the league title to anfield this season. only 5 points behind leaders this season on 25 games in so i got a good chance to do it.

What the problem is is that your reputation diminishes way too quickly in the game. when you do well the enhancement of your reputation is not as effective as the drop in your reputaion when you don't do well. if you don't win the league or come second there's a good chance your reputaion will drop

Archived