Can't get graphics replacing originals to work

Mr Sandman

Hello, i just been to a mates to give him all my graphics, problem is all graphics that were in the original FMF file haven't loaded. On my pc i have no problems at all, he is on vista though i am on xp...

for example teams from championship haven't accepted my new logos, international flags, certain kits such as AC Milan (those with licenses it seems)

Any workaround?

Have you turned off the skin cache and selected always reload skin from the preferences menu.

Did you install the graphics into the correct location - where did you install them? - it's possible you've put them somewhere where the graphics included with the game take priority.

thanks postman, but i have all the logos as it is, it's just some aren't showing up

michaelmurray

of course mate, on my pc at home i have a graphics folder in my docs > sports interactive > fm 2008......

and all graphics work (i.e i have all in one logos, and they ALL work) however for my mate certain logos aren't working. like i mention it's the ones on the game that already had logos :(...........for him man utd etc logos and kits are loading up, but things like barcelona kits aren't loading up (FM had licence for their kits...)

it's a strange problem

I assume the files have been installed correctly into his User Data Folder (the My Documents Folder), and he isn't using any other Graphics apart from the ones you have given him, I also take it he has turned off the skin cache and ticked always reload skin in the preferences menu.

He is not using a skin that somehow has the Licensed kits/logos included with the skins files?

One thing you can try doing is to delete the Skin Cache Files, the location of which varies depending upon your Operating System:

(you may need to 'show hidden files and folders' by opening 'folder options' in Windows control panel)

* Win 2K/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\english

* Win 98/ME: C:\Windows\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\english

* Mac OS X : /Users/<username/Library/Caches/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Cache/english

* Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\cache\english

Delete all the SKC files then restart FM. If he is not using English Language then he may need to also delete SKC files in the folder for his language.

Archived