Does ultimatum ever work?

I see they are pretty cutthroat now. I've brought Fisher to the Championship and they fire me for issuing an ultimatum about transfer funds. It used to be in one version you would get a message like:-

The board is willing to forgive this outburst due to your contribution to the club but would suggest that you focus your attention to on field matters in the future

or words to that effect. Now there's no safety net and they just cut you loose :(. If I was new to the game and didn't really know my chances of getting fired were that high I could see this being a game breaker.

I made an ultimatum when in the Prem with the MK Dons. I had got them there but could not bolster my squad due to a low wage budget. the club had just been given a wodge of cash, I had almost none of it.

So feeling I needed to make a point, and as I had been there for 6 years and taken to the promised land, I issued the ultimatum.

Was I sacked. No I think I was 'warned'...in no uncertain terms not to do it again.

That is as close as I have ever come to success to this ultimately USELESS function. Shame really.

I think that happens when you apply other teams specially teams that are equal/lower to the team you are managing.

I was managing Diagoras and they done this to me when I applied at Sevilla! I never ultimatum anyway, just to be on the safe side!:D

I did that, only wrong. I saved before the season updated and I got a good bunch of regens. Only I applied for the Sevilla job and due to crap options to the media I couldn't say anything and got an ultimatum. I just reloaded the game and got a load of crap regens!

The most success (if you can call it that) is when I issued an ultimatum and instead of outright sacking me, told me they'd forget what I'd said out of respect of what I've done for the club, but they still made sure the stadium wasn't expanded.

Archived