One Season Wonder

I have a very short attention span with football manager. I normally play one season and do relatively well (meet expectation or perform above). For example, I just came second in the league with Newcastle in my first season using the Weegie update. At the end of the season I make all the transfers and improve my squad and then I never seem to get beyond 5 games into the next season.

Don't ask me why, I just get bored and its like a psychological battle that I can't get over. Is anyone else like this and does anyone have any tips for me to keep going with a file once i've done a season?

I have a very short attention span with football manager. I normally play one season and do relatively well (meet expectation or perform above). For example, I just came second in the league with Newcastle in my first season using the Weegie update. At the end of the season I make all the transfers and improve my squad and then I never seem to get beyond 5 games into the next season.

Don't ask me why, I just get bored and its like a psychological battle that I can't get over. Is anyone else like this and does anyone have any tips for me to keep going with a file once i've done a season?

i get phases when i can start about 3 games a week because i got bored. my reason for this was because i was picking teams that were too big, so after a season, i couldnt really see a massive challenge ahead so i quite.

what helped me was either going right to the bottom of the league structure (i went to newport county and got them to the champions league in 2020), or by going to another country. this helped me getting a new challenge, and i could play longer than a season or two

I am sometimes like this but I often have a few long term games on each addition of FM. I have my Man Utd save in 2013 and my Spain save in 2010 currently on FM08.

If I get bored of a game and generally cannot get into it I quit the game and normally start a new game and become a manager of a nation. Then I will manager the nation for a few years and proberly leave and look for a new job. This is good because you are a few years into the future which means all the teams and leagues are different.

I hope I have helped you :).

Yeah I am like this, I usually start by managing my home town team (mighty Barnsley) :p then I get bored of that and keep re-starting over and over again. I did however lose some interest in FM a couple of months ago, but I came back and visited these forums and looking at some peoples idea's about challenges and i've got my hunger back and cannot wait for 09 :p

Yeah I am like this, I usually start by managing my home town team (mighty Barnsley) then I get bored of that and keep re-starting over and over again. I did however lose some interest in FM a couple of months ago, but I came back and visited these forums and looking at some peoples idea's about challenges and i've got my hunger back and cannot wait for 09.

Archived