Suggestion - additions for the manager profile

Places of birth are already in the database for players so why not extend them for human managers?

Perhaps media items could be triggered for it, for example when a manager plays against his home town club which could be used in association with the manager's favourite club. It may be purely cosmetic but it will certainly add that little something extra when going into matches like local derbies as a manager of the local club you support.

I like it, I'm a Bristol City fan myself and would love to be able to be revered by the fans for being a local boy and taking them to the top, adds an extra dimension on top of the favourite club already implemented,

Good idea, me likes!

For some reason, although I don't know what, I was under the impression Human Managers POB was there. After further looking, I realize its not. But upon entering the thread I was like ... Hello, its included :D

Yea, Humans POB would be welcome.

:thup:from me. There is a drastic need for more touches like this to add more depth and individuality to games. I just can't stick at a game at the moment and the main reason is because it just feels like groundhog day; same media, same options,same non-existent media interaction. It's really getting a little boring.

'*manager's name* is a local lad, who grew up only 20 miles (?) away from *the club he is managing* stadium so he knows just how important these kind of games are to the club. Do you still get as excited about these games now as you did when you were a young boy?'

Just an idea? What do you think?

'*manager's name* is a local lad, who grew up only 20 miles (?) away from *the club he is managing* stadium so he knows just how important these kind of games are to the club. Do you still get as excited about these games now as you did when you were a young boy?'

I like it :thup:

What about when a manager is born away from the club he supports?

Any ideas about the sorts of stories that could be generated for someone like a manager born in Norwich supporting Man Utd playing against Norwich? (for example)

'Although *manager's name* was born in *norwich (for e.g)* he has always been a firm supporter of *Manchester United (for e.g)* from a young age. Won't you feel any remorse if your team (man utd) beat your home town team (norwich) today?'

Definitely has my backing. I wish after managing a club for a certain amount of years, along with a certain amount of success, you get the option of choosing whether to add them to your favoured club list or not. That way the game feels more open, and a lot more personal.

Same thing with favoured personal.

The personal side of the manager in FM is very very dull and boring. This needs major attention from SI in my opinion.

Great ideas for future versions.

• SI Staff

That's not really true though. I know I certainly didn't grow up where I was born. It's just the location of the local maternity hospital.

Great idea! I had the same idea too, but(like most things I think about) forgot about it!:D

I think you should be able to add more teams to your favourites and maybe to teams you dislike and your favourite personnel.

Definitely has my backing. I wish after managing a club for a certain amount of years, along with a certain amount of success, you get the option of choosing whether to add them to your favoured club list or not. That way the game feels more open, and a lot more personal.

Same thing with favoured personal.

The personal side of the manager in FM is very very dull and boring. This needs major attention from SI in my opinion.

Great ideas for future versions.

Yeh I agree that this would be great. Quite a few people have suggested this so hopefully SI will take note and implement it into future FM games.

That's not really true though. I know I certainly didn't grow up where I was born. It's just the location of the local maternity hospital.

That was just a suggestion of what could be included, it wasn't set in stone :p.

Yeah, I was born something like 9,000 km from where I grew up ... and the club I support is 9,500 km from the former and 8,500 km from the latter.

Wow, I feel like like a word problem. ;)

Oh, and the nation I support internationally is not the nation I was born in, the nation I live in (though of course I support them, too), or the nation the club is in.

Though it qualifies as my "Second Nationality", I don't speak the language of the nation I was born in .. and the leagues I'm most familiar with are not the ones that FM gives me knowledge for for either my primary or secondary nationalities.

:D

So, for FM's manager creation path to truly support me as I am in real life, I would need to be able to enter:

- Place of birth

- Home town

- Nationality

- Second nationality

- Favorite club

- 2nd favorite club

- Favorite nation

- Languages spoken

- Knowledge levels of countries

Yeah, I was born something like 9,000 km from where I grew up ... and the club I support is 9,500 km from the former and 8,500 km from the latter.

Wow, I feel like like a word problem. ;)

Oh, and the nation I support internationally is not the nation I was born in, the nation I live in (though of course I support them, too), or the nation the club is in.

Though it qualifies as my "Second Nationality", I don't speak the language of the nation I was born in .. and the leagues I'm most familiar with are not the ones that FM gives me knowledge for for either my primary or secondary nationalities.

:D

So, for FM's manager creation path to truly support me as I am in real life, I would need to be able to enter:

- Place of birth

- Home town

- Nationality

- Second nationality

- Favorite club

- 2nd favorite club

- Favorite nation

- Languages spoken

- Knowledge levels of countries

I think you would crash my computer!

Always got to be one akward one!

Seriously though, Amaroq may have hit upon something else there. Id love to beable to input all that info and get alot of media items relating to it. Plus, even if they were wrong by a few details, you could just pretend that the media are idiots (which they are) :D

Always got to be one akward one!

Seriously though, Amaroq may have hit upon something else there. Id love to beable to input all that info and get alot of media items relating to it. Plus, even if they were wrong by a few details, you could just pretend that the media are idiots (which they are) :D

Exactly, I think that anything that makes the game feel a bit more personal will only make people feel more attached to it.

*warning, some on-topic stuff, and some stuff bracketing the topic*

"Managerx was spotted at teamy match the other day. Whilst a noted fan of favouriteteam they were keeping close tabs on hometeam"

And potentially you might get a few players through the youth ranks from there, if you were really high-rep manager material. Although this could lead to us all being born in Rio :)

Can we also have different favourite teams. Whoa whoa hear me out. I love Spurs, but I also "support" a few other teams from various leagues. So perhaps one main favourite team, and then two others that have to be from different leagues to your main one. Like a hometown team and your actual favourite. Working on the same system as the bitter/average rival system.

I'd also like to see the ability to add a couple of favourite players. One from the start of the game, then one that is from your actual save. That one could be adjusted too (for those of us who don't restart everytime Breno retires). I'd love to have Zico and Baggio as my favourite players. Mmmm.

Ahem. Definitely DEFINITELY need more personalisation from the manager side.

I'd like to decide myself what my favourite formation and playing style is. Maybe it might help me get jobs with other clubs. No-ones gonna hire Ardiles for his tactical nouse are they, but if you want exciting matches that bring in the punters....

Speaking of which. Why do Clubs in FM, all clubs, despise you the moment you leave? Contract expired, you're hated. Get bored having dragged The Red Lion 2nd XI to CL glory so want a different challenge? Hated. Sacked? Hated. Surely it should be the Chairman who hates us, not the fans/club. Dario Gradi and Mourinho aren't hated IRL, but in the FM world they are pariahs.

I'd also like to be able to ultimatum the Chairman about selling players over my head when we don't need the cash. In public. Sky News leader. Let the fans know it's not my fault.

Hmmm. That's drifting away from the original premise. But definitely changes need to be made. Hope you made it through all that :)

VB

I'd love to have something like that especially adding your PoB or maby your hometown instead of PoB since i was born about 600km from where i have lived most part of my life, and have only been there once after i was born.

Also the adding of more than one favorite club i'd like that since i support a few teams around the globe though adding maby two more options to a total of 3 favorite teams would be nice to have, as everyone knows the english premierleague is the most popular league in the world and people all over the world support teams there, me being no exception but i also follow a local team a team in the lower branches of english football, scotland and japan so maby having more than one favorite team would be nice since alot of people support more than one team, though all one a different level ofcourse.

With the favorite nation i'd also like that, since my own nation(Iceland) is not really good at football, or not the male team, i support Germany when it comes to international competitions where Iceland isnt competing so having that in the game would be nice, maby if a manager had high reputation after maby winning the CL a few times and was looking for a new team in like Germany or whatever their favorite nation would be then that might have some news items aswell "manager xx has been reported to get himself into management in germany, he has been a supporter of the german national team for a number of years".

I would also personally like if a media item where the manager announces his decision to retire or wanting to seek a new club/challenge after x number of years, like recently Alex Ferguson announced he wouldnt be managing when he turns 70 it would be nice to be able to announce things like that to the media.

Archived