Resurrection

I've decided to resurrect the first game I started waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in October when FM 08 first was released. I had to stop at the time as there was a data issue that ruined the future for my club (i.e. moving into the wrong stadium) but I've realised I can use FMM to edit the stadium - problem solved! Anyway my questions are:

1. The last patch I used with this game was one of the first two beta patches. I've advanced the game a couple of weeks and have yet to encounter the sudden plummet in stats associated with the latest patch (in fact they all seem to be getting better if anything). Do you still get the mass red arrows when using the original boxed version database?

2. I've checked the update notes for the last patch and haven't spotted any obvious data issues I can fix. Does anyone know of any potentially game ruining errors on the starting database that I can repair with FMM, e.g. the wrong stadiums listed for major clubs, wrong nationalities etc.? I'm just talking about top flight and international football really.

The game should update to the 8.0.2 engine etc despite only being played on the beta patches, you may notice more changes ins tats etc at the end of the season as not all 8.0.2 changes take effect immediately e.g. 7 subs in BPL comes in at the end of the season not immediately.

Archived