Am I allowed to cheat now? :)

Hi guys!

I'm currently in january of 2012 in my ac milan game. In my first or second season I bought Sakho for €1,1 mil and he played for my u20 team for a while. He went in my first team rotation last season, and he became my starter and a best part of my rock solid defence this season. Conceeded only 5 goals in 17-20 league games...

then, on the last night of transfer window, I lost him :(

I was rejecting top teams' bids for a while now and then Chelsea offered €12mil (he is valued around €7mil) and Berlusconi took matter into his hands and accepted the offer! I reall don't understand why, as I've been rejecting even higher offers for him.

So, basiclly I lost my best defender without a chance to buy a new one...am I allowed to cheat and return him to my squad or should I swallow the bitter pill and keep fighting with squad thats left?

Please help me, this interference ****ed me off a lot :)

Swallow the bitter pill..!!

I just had something very similar, but the player didn't leave :D

Regen Tom Chambers I bought for £2,500,000 12 months ago. Blackburn Rovers come in with an £8,800,000 + %10 next fee, which my board accepted. I was quite happy to let the deal go through, until I checked his future clauses (as I do with every sale) and realized I owed the club I bought him from 50% of the next fee. I'm not losing Chambers fro £4,400,000 thank you very much :D

So I simply offered him a new contract. He accepted, and the bid went away. Go me.

it doesn't seem like it could happen in real life...top defender, 21 y.o., lots of potential and sold for only €12 mil by a club like AC Milan (rich)

and just to mention, they did the same to me with felipe last summer... €14 mil and I swallowed it

E12 million seems low to me but the chairman interference is a well known issue. For future reference a high minimum fee release and/or setting the asking price to a high value has been reported as helping (has in my case anyway) but there is a limit.

Lost a quality regen valued at 2.2m for 11m including clauses (gave him a release fee of 16m and set his sale value to 16m) but different scenario as I am in the Championship with a positive but not exactly huge bank balance.

As for cheating, not being a smartarse but do what you like. If you really feel like it was unrealistic then reload. If you just want to reload because it ****ed you off then do it. You'll know a few months later whether or not cheating like that is for you :).

Had that when i took over at Newcastle. Mike Ahsley would accept stupid offers for players. Had a player worth 12mil and wanted to sell to bring in some fresh blood. Could have got 20mil plus but a 13mil offer was accepted. Also lost my star GK for 8mil and was not able to find anyone in the same class for that money.

Used it for me when i moved to Arsenal. Placed bids for 5 off my old players and got them for decent money as Ahsley accepted the offers.

Hi guys!

I'm currently in january of 2012 in my ac milan game. In my first or second season I bought Sakho for €1,1 mil and he played for my u20 team for a while. He went in my first team rotation last season, and he became my starter and a best part of my rock solid defence this season. Conceeded only 5 goals in 17-20 league games...

I was rejecting top teams' bids for a while now and then Chelsea offered €12mil (he is valued around €7mil) and Berlusconi took matter into his hands and accepted the offer! I reall don't understand why, as I've been rejecting even higher offers for him.

So, basiclly I lost my best defender without a chance to buy a new one...am I allowed to cheat and return him to my squad or should I swallow the bitter pill and keep fighting with squad thats left?

hmmm you are ac milan. even if the offer is accepted, you should be able to offer a sweeter deal for the lad to make him stay.

it being the last day of window however....wonder how the game deals with that one. would the player automatically reject your offer and go with the bidding club, or would he mull over his lucrative offers and choose te best one?

i know i would cheat if it happened to me :-p

Swallow the bitter pill. Football is football. Live with the truth and reality. If you edited the game and added Sakho back to your team, how would you feel everytime he scored? Everytime he cleared the ball of the line? Everytime he crunched in a tackle? Knowing that in reality he shouldn't be yours.

Hi guys!

just accept that this game is far from being realistic and get over with it or cheat... transfers and match engine are horrible in FM08 so i don't see any difference if you cheat or not.

Swallow the bitter pill. Football is football. Live with the truth and reality. If you edited the game and added Sakho back to your team, how would you feel everytime he scored? Everytime he cleared the ball of the line? Everytime he crunched in a tackle? Knowing that in reality he shouldn't be yours.

he would feel that would be realistic since AC milan would never sell a player of that level and PA with that age...

But this is FM Milan not IRL Milan. It happens all the time in FM and that's just the way the game is.

i thought this game was supposed to be the most realistic as possible so that cheat would actually keep the game more realistic.... that transfer would never happen if it was a deal between AI and the fact this transfer happened just shows how this game is going backwards, those kind of transfers didnt happen that much in FM07.

to be honest

that is a ridiculous bug

i would cheat to even the scales

u pratically got cheated mate

you're right, I'll cheat cause I got cheated this way :)

how can I do it? is there any in game editor that will allow me to bring him back? If I do it old fashioned way by adding new manager etc I'd have to wait till summer transfer window

same happened to me with my Liverpool game, lost Daniel Agger to Real Madrid. My chairman didn't accept a bid, the bugger just wouldnt accept a new contract no matter what i offered and he left on a free. My best defender left on a free, but can't argue, brought in Garay as his replacement

Lads, lads, lads. I've had this problem for ages. I can give up my future stars, i just need to hold onto my current crop. Whenever i'm renewing a players contract i always leave 1 year off the maximum i can offer. Say for example i have player X with 2 seasons remaining and he wants to stay for five years. They will allow me to offer him upto say 2019 (same amount of years) i only ever offer him up to 2018. Just incase the board accepts a bid for him, i can always go back and offer him a one-year extension. Works every time :D

I rekon they should become less frequent the longer you are at the club. I have been at Rangers for 6 years won all six titles and a champions league spot, and all those little domestic trophies yet even now my chairman comes in and takes bids. I know for a fact I could get a high bid so couldnt he just message me "We are looking for you to sell a player to clear up some debts" or something. Its stupid cause that money doesnt get used, I just use it on another player, which then will become good and the chairman will get in the way of a transfer yet again.

They need Chairman interaction: "Sure come on in and destroy everything I have worked for, Let me do my job, or I will leave"...........but Im never going to leave...thats prob. Dam Chairman.

I'm very much of the opinion that the 'chairman accepting bids' function doesn't really work. Tweaking didn't get satisfactory results on FM08 so I'd prefer it was just taken out of the game.

I think it's a great feature. Certainly for smaller clubs. I doubt this would ever happen at Milan in real life.

Rather than scrap this I'd like to see more interaction with the chairman about the offer.

The longer you've been there the more say you get in it and vice versa.

It's your game rui, play it however it gives you the most enjoyment.

I like this feature as well and think it's perfectly realistic, chairmen accepting bids despite a manager saying they shouldn't probably happens far more IRL than we think.

I'm sure it does, but not the way it works in FM.

Ex. You reject a bid of 7 million for the wanted player, and the chairman does not interfere. However when the club make a lower bid then the original amount, let's say 5 million, the chairmen automatically accepts the bid. Why would this be the case?

I'm sure this feature could work for the manager to a certain extent, but it needs an immediate fix for future versions.

You can use FMM to make his contract expire and just sign him on a free. FMM is what you need to get the job done.

Or if you really want to make sure he can come back, add a manager to the other club, then reduce his contract to a couple of days away, then release him and sign him back to AC.

Otherwise Chelsea might just re-sign him.

I hate this "nearly the next version of FM" period. I just spend days trying to break the game with the editor because I don't want to start a career game for a couple of months lol.

Archived