urgent help for a fellow fm addict, but maybe not for long!!!!! help

i have found recently well maybe for the last two versions of football manager that i can never really play a long term game, nothing seems to excite me anymore. i always play as newcastle who i support and then end up finishing by 2014 when i am dominating. Is it me or are the more recent versions of football manager less addictive and enjoyable than the earlier versions my particular favourite champ man 01/02, on the earlier versions i seemed to be able to play on for ages. I have been playing champ man/football manager since 97/98, and im seeking your advice and suggestions to help a fellow football manager enthusiast whos enthusiasm for long term games is fading fast

I need to be pointed in the right direction of leagues to play teams to manager. I need my enthusiasm back.

any suggestions are welcomed

Please help me

Thankyou

I find FM08 as addictive as previous versions now. More frustrating in various aspects, but it is more challenging than many previous versions so it holds my attention.

Plus it is the first version where I have really discovered the enjoyment of watching a game in full match mode. I don't do it for all my teams, infact rarely for most teams, but the Werder Bremen team I have created, with a tactic that I wanted to try out and watch are a joy to watch for the full 90 minutes (~20 minutes real time) so that is another string to my enjoyment that I never had when watching all matches on Key Highlights only.

yeah i must agree with that, its by far and away the most addictive FM i've come across yet. try starting in the lower leagues, or take up one of the challenges int he challenges forum, they may well re-kindle your interest...

one that i tried was managing a club to the top of every major league in europe, from a team that finished outside the top 5 the previous season. so i would manage in england, italy, spain, germany and france. worth a go i think. or try the old, take a conference north/south club to the premiership title and CL victory

Archived