Ebbsfleet Utd/MyFootballClub

Dunno if this has been brought up or not, but with the revelutionary team selection by the members of the club/owners... Will this feature be brought into the next game at all? Whereby if you become the manager of Ebbsfleet, you have to take into consideration a team selection by the fans, and transfers, etc.?

It has been discussed before, obviously only SI knows for sure what they are planning (and they are not going to tell us yet) but I imagine they will not bother to implement any new feature just for the sake of Ebbsfleet. To model how it will work IRL in the game would take a lot if time which isn't really worth it.

I expect it will remain pretty much the same with perhaps a mention in the staff list that it is a group of fans that "own" the club.

Yeah that's true... just a thought I suppose... It would be rather annoying for managers! But i suppose are the developers aiming for a 'true to life' experience? But I guess that Ebbsfleet are a big enough club to make an impact to the game.

Yeah that's true... just a thought I suppose... It would be rather annoying for managers! But i suppose are the developers aiming for a 'true to life' experience? But I guess that Ebbsfleet are a big enough club to make an impact to the game.

I don't think it's anything to do with them not being a big enough club, I think it's more down to the fact that by the time we all know exactly how this is going to work there will be very little time left for SI to introduce it into the game.

Until Ebbsfleet have played a fair few games there's no real way of knowing how it's all going to happen and what the outcomes will be of this 'experiment'. So for that reason I think SI will do little if anything to Ebbsfleet in FM09. If next season their new way of being run has an impact on the leagues in some way then SI might look at implementing something more solid for FM10.

They won the FA Trophy. Team selection has only just begun this pre-season with friendlies, and not many people have actually decided to want to pick the squad - notifying they want to let Liam Daish do it.

I think all that needs to happen is that the fans give a sort of 'preffered team' on match day, much like your AM can do. Its then up to you to ignore it or follow the suggestion. If you ignore it, the fans confidence section would be low but if you follow it, then it would be higher. That for me would be a quick solution to the problem and would be satisfactory to me.

Equally as interesting are the Malaysian team: Myteam.

They recruit players via a reality tv program. Would love to see how SI would fit that into the game!

Personally I don't think things like this should be in the game at all. These teams should just be normal clubs in FM and should be managed in the game like normal clubs.

Things like teams picking players via some reality tv show are just ridiculous imo and have no place in FM, whether they occur in real life or not.

Equally as interesting are the Malaysian team: Myteam.

They recruit players via a reality tv program. Would love to see how SI would fit that into the game!

I suppose they could just code the team to sign brand new newgens every so often, as if they have appeared from nowhere (nowhere is reality tv in more ways than one).

Chopper is right though, no place in FM.

I think all that needs to happen is that the fans give a sort of 'preffered team' on match day, much like your AM can do. Its then up to you to ignore it or follow the suggestion. If you ignore it, the fans confidence section would be low but if you follow it, then it would be higher. That for me would be a quick solution to the problem and would be satisfactory to me.

Essentially just an extra option on the menu, Ask to Pick > MyFootballClub

Pretty much but I feel it needs to be a little more clear than that.

A news item at the same time of the bookmakers' odds, showing you the selected XI and describing any changes from your XI from the previous match?

A news item at the same time of the bookmakers' odds, showing you the selected XI and describing any changes from your XI from the previous match?

Could be. Also when you click continue into the match it sometimes gives you warnings ie. 'You have not selected a captain'. It could do the same, 'Your team selection is different to that of the supporters, are you sure you want to continue?'.

Archived