Ever buy a cheap player and immediately sell him for a quick profit?????

Do anybody ever buy a cheap player and immediately, knowing that he will sell for a good profit - sell him immediately so you can get more transfer money?????

I thopught of doing this, but only if the profit is good.

Anybody doe this? Do you just offer him a 1 year contract then? So you buy him sell him next month.

Never tried it on FM08 but on previous versions I have done it, only to end up shooting myself in the foot. Gradually over time players would start refusing contracts because they were concerned that they were just being used (which they were).

It also upset other players within the squad who thought that they may be next even though they are established team players.

I found in short term gain, long term loss with regards to obtaining players.

I signed Lorki Cana on a free and sold him to Getafe for 7.5 million next year, he only played 15 times and seemed to enjoy tripping people up.

I signed Chrsitan Benteke (sorry cant remember how to spell his name) for around £250,000ish and flogged him to some Itallian side for just over £12 million after one and a half seasons

I sign lots of free agents and sell them off

Excatly the same. Some don't have enough rep' so i sign has-beens and 30-something year olds and play them for a good season and sell them 3/4 Hundred k.

Atm I have a backup team then some more backup for my backups, so most of them will be sold next season. I always do a 'spring cleaning' at the end of the year, people that dont get many games, people that underperform (given more than one of two chances) or people that are complain and only 'decent'

Players are only worth what you spend on them except for free transfer players. So big immediate gains can only be made on freebies. They are much harder to get hold of than before. Makes for a much better game than previous versions.

Signed a player called Sola on a free transfer. Sold him to A.Madrid for 7.5m.

My team is complete after spending quite a lot of money on building up a great team and a decent youth program. Now however the last two seasons my profits have exceeded £50m after my youth policy is starting to pay off and each year two-three are able to step up into the first squad. The ones that dont I sell on usually for a large profit. The only players I buy in now are either youth or players I intend to sell. I have not had to buy a player to go straight into the first team for the last 4 seasons :)

I've never done this on purpose but I got Tevez on a bosman and then sold him for £15m the next summer.

Also some youngsters who don't live up to expectations , I end up selling for more than I bought them for.

I signed Angelo Palombo in exchange for Mario Santana, (I'm Fiorentina btw) and at the end of the season Real Madrid came in for him. I negotiated to £40 million and they offered. Not bad for one seasons work.

LOLOL shrewd business. Why not. Footballs a business at the end of the day. But if there so good like Cristiano Ronaldo I wouldnt sell him for less than 60 70 odd million quid.

Playing in Belarus i seem to have become a stepping stone for lots of eastern european players going on to bigger leagues. I send off my scouts to search eastern europe each season and by in any recommendations for peanuts. I don't just buy them with a view to a profit though as i will keep them in my team if they're good enough.

Had a few nice little earners though, one player i bought for £8k and sold on for £5m + 50%, who was then sold on for £12.5m. He's now plying his trade at Barcelona!

I had a quite amusing case of this happening in my network game.

I'd bought rosicky of my mate for £500k, however the sneaky sod had set the transfer date for the end of the season (i only needed him as cover for an injury). He'd agreed to give him to me as he'd offered him to every club for 0 and got no takers.

After singing him, i immediately trasfer listed him, and managed to get £3m off man city, i felt quite smug :D

Guest roberto922

I did it alot until they introduced the new 'value = transfer fee' system in, I do buy a lot of free players and sell them after a couple of years though.

Hush, but I'm about to do this with Pato. He's got 3 months remaining on his contract and he's unhappy at Milan (but doesn't want to leave, either, for some strange reason).

30 million pounds minus, er, nothing, equals... 30 million pounds. Awesome.

(If there's a slight annoyance with the game, surely an unhappy Pato with an expiring contract would have more glamourous clubs than Triestina after him?!)

The biggest smile on my face in the transfer market occurred when I sold Joe Mattock to Liverpool for $40 million and $20 million additional for his first international appearance at the end of the 2010 season. Two seasons later I needed a new DL and realized I was a bit hasty in sending Mattock away. I negotiated a fee of $53 million with Liverpool for his return to my Villa squad. I felt that he was worth the difference of $13 million at that point. Fortune smiled on me however as just before he agreed to a new contract with my club he earned his first international cap. Cha-ching, an additional $20 million coming my way from the first transfer and Liverpool ends up paying me $7 million to return Mattock to my squad. I had totally forgotten the clause I tacked on from the first transfer. Sometimes this game just makes you smile! :D

Archived