Should language be a feature in FM?

Does anybody think Language should play a big part when playing in a foreign division? I believe that when you get appointed as manager of say an italian or spanish club that the language that the players or assistant manager should be read in that language so its hard for you to translate. This could mean that FM could introduce a new staff addition in a language translator where that particular staff can report back to you and convert what the players are saying.

There could also be an option to force your whole squad to learn english so you could understand them if we had this feature of language being realistic in the country your managing. I'm not sure if this would work because of the effort to convert but that would be good. Also if you manage to learn Italian or Spanish through the bar you get on your profile, it could be changed to english so you understand it.

Any thoughts? This is just an idea I was thinking.

It sounds like it would be hard to implement and hard to work out if your new to the game. I'm learning German, my wife speaks German so I downloaded a German language pack and play the game in German with Bayern Munich, I think it's helped me.

I think what we have already is enough but could be more fully implemented. The 'adaptability' attribute includes how quickly you learn a new language and settle into a new country. I think it's effect should be more drastic, but in essence it's a good idea.

Archived