Should there be a "bringing through youths" attribute?

Just wondering whether this might be a useful stat to add to the manager overview. Personally, i often try to introduce two or three youth players into my side each season, obviously some managers very rarely do this. I'd like FM to keep track of how many chances a manager gives to young prospects.

I'd like this as, in real life, if two managers went for a young player with potential, the lad might go to a smaller club in preference if the manager had a track record of giving his youngsters a fair chance. Currently, i presume (although might be wrong) they would tend to go to the bigger club if wages were equal regardless of whether the manager is known for blooding young players or not

i'd like more stats for managers if they made any difference to us. my stats dont seem to make any differnece at all.

Yes it is a bit annoying tbh. I had an FC Bayern team with an entirely German first 11, but my "domestic player bias" never moved from 10, then I went to Barca and couldn't really afford Spaniards and my dom bias dropped dramatically quickly! I always did my own training and team talks, but my hands on approach peaked at 14! Also if you use FMM to check on your hidden stats every so often , your ambition never changes, it has always been 1 for me despite applying for lots of jobs at higher rep clubs etc. What's the deal with long and short term plans? They never change, even if you declare itnerest in a job.

I'd like to see us with the same amount of possible attributes as AI managers.

This is a very good idea!

It may stop the problem where AI-managers never give young players the chance until they're actually better than someone who's 38. In real life, if there's a young player who shows a good potential he'll get a spot on the bench and becomes a substitute in the last 5 minutes even if he's maybe not good enough yet. That doesn't happen in FM, he needs to be good enough no matter how old he is to get that spot on the bench.

If a manager with good "bringing through youths" like Ferguson or Wenger has two players - Player X who's 18 years old and have the CA/PA 140/190 and the 38 year old player Y with the CA/PA 155/190 he should choose the younger one on the bench even though that Player Y is a little better.

More stats the better for us managers and ones that make sense. There also should be club loyalty, and player loyalty. Club loyalty being high, the longer you are there, they like you more, they give you more things. Player loyalty is if you stuff people around. Could maybe affect the players you could sign, eg cant sign insecure players.

Yeah im all for this, more stats give players themselves a more round about idea of hos the manager goes about things and what his preferences are. I also agree with what Nomis07 said, I too noticed that issue about hands on approach although mine always goes down although i do everything from supervise the kit washer to organising friendlies for my under 18 's. I'm not saying this stat doesn't work but I would like to know what you have to do to raise each stat individually.

Yeah im all for this, more stats give players themselves a more round about idea of how the manager goes about things and what his preferences are. I also agree with what Nomis07 said, I too noticed that issue about hands on approach although mine always goes down although i do everything from supervise the kit washer to organising friendlies for my under 18 's. I'm not saying this stat doesn't work but I would like to know what you have to do to raise each stat individually.

Archived