carrying forward managerial success

Am i the only one who thinks that a good new edition to any new football manager games would be the option to take your managerial success from a previous version onto the newer version. For me , i hate the fact you only get a few options at the beginning, maybe the new game could look at how good you were in the previous game and recommend teams etc for you

Fair enough, really, i jusy get really annoyed, because on FM07 i started from the bottom and over a 30 year game finally got to be manager of one of the big four in England, then as soon as the new game came out, i lost all the win percentages etc and just had the same old options to choose from

Fair enough, really, i jusy get really annoyed, because on FM07 i started from the bottom and over a 30 year game finally got to be manager of one of the big four in England, then as soon as the new game came out, i lost all the win percentages etc and just had the same old options to choose from

You'd have to invent a time machine too.

I'd love this feature, but as Neji says it would probably raise a lot of issues and possible bugs, look at the problems people faced continuing a game from 8.0.1 into 8.0.2, and that was just transferring from a patch.

What you could have is an extra dimension to the managerial experience option. Right now we can choose our prior player experience (Sunday league up to ex-international). It would be possible to add 'rookie manager' up to 'world class manager' which you could choose if you had a 30-7ear SAFesque career in the previous FM version. You could even edit in points to your Hall of Fame standing.

Sure, plenty people would exploit it and start with max reputation, but hey, if they pay the money ...

What you could have is an extra dimension to the managerial experience option. Right now we can choose our prior player experience (Sunday league up to ex-international). It would be possible to add 'rookie manager' up to 'world class manager' which you could choose if you had a 30-7ear SAFesque career in the previous FM version. You could even edit in points to your Hall of Fame standing.

Sure, plenty people would exploit it and start with max reputation, but hey, if they pay the money ...

Good idea, its up to people whether they want to start off as a local or national manager compared to a World Class. I would love to be able to edit the stat of clubs I have been at, then the game just can recognise them and say "XXXX is returning back to the club he first had his coaching job at, this time as the manager." Or "XXXXX is the new XXXX manager, most XXXX fans will know him from his playing days as he captained the team for 15 years."

I just want the club to remember the user in the long term and what they have done over the years. FM07 clubs used to love me and only took a few years of success to get into their favoured personal, on my FM08 game I won CL with Rangers to be put into the clubs favoured personal only to be removed the day after....bullsh*t.

Archived